Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Israeli League 2009-2010

IHF Member

Israel Israeli League 2009-2010

HC Bat-Yam - HC Metula 9:2
    'Manfort' (Maalot) - HC Holon 15:0
    'Ice Time' (Herzelia) - 'Maccabi Metulla Eggenbreggers' - 4:1

Hawks and Eagles are not playing yet.

Who could help me with the logo and information from Holon?

Greetings,
    Rowan

Holon is Rishon le-Zion from last season (and was known as Maccabi Lod prior to changing to Rishon).

The teams this season (formal names) are as follows:

1. Ice Time Hertzliya
    2. HC Maalot
    3. HC Bat-Yam
    4. Maccabi Metula
    5. HC Metula (basically the Israeli U-18 team with a few overagers playing for them)
    6. Haifa Hawks
    7. Rehevot Eagles
    8. HC Holon

I placed the teams in my predicted order of finish.

IHF Member
    Anyone know the schedule for the games this Friday???

Rowan? Aldair? I don't have it.

IHF Member

Israel championship 2009-2010

Next games Metulla- 'Maccabi Metulla Eggenbreggers'
    Maalot- Haifa Hawks
    Herzeliya-Eagles Rehovot

Two groups of 4 clubs:

Greetings,
    Rowan

This is what i know.

IHF Member
    Thanks Rowan

IHF Prospect
    Anyone knows the teams' roster of Israelian Championship ?

IHF Member
    Results?

IHF Member
    I know it's in Hebrew, but I think I got the results for the last round of games:
    תוצאות משחקי מחזור מס' 2 בהוקי קרח – בוגרים
    אמש ב- 13/11/09 התקיימו משחקי המחזור השני של ליגת ההוקי קרח לבוגרים. מועדון הוקי מטולה נגד מועדון מכבי צעירי מטולה – 0-1
    מועדון מעלות נגד מועדון חיפה – 0-3
    מועדון הרצלייה נגד מועדון רחובות – 1-13

You live in Ra'anana but you can't speak or read Hebrew?

Anyway, thanks for posting the results. If you give me the link to where you found the scores, I can probably post the full season schedule for you.

In English, the scores are as follows:

Maccabi Metulla 1, Metulla 0

Haifa 3, Maalot 0

Hertzliya 13, Rehovot 1

I'm very surprised to see Haifa beat Maalot. Starting from last season, Maalot is a much improved team from the past several years, whereas Haifa lost basically all of its good players other than Boris Amromin and is a very old team, with most of the guys well into their forties.

Alain - the full rosters are impossible to get, it seems. I've been trying for years, as has Aldair.

IHF Member

Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    You live in Ra'anana but you can't speak or read Hebrew?

Anyway, thanks for posting the results. If you give me the link to where you found the scores, I can probably post the full season schedule for you.

In English, the scores are as follows:

Maccabi Metulla 1, Metulla 0

Haifa 3, Maalot 0

Hertzliya 13, Rehovot 1

I'm very surprised to see Haifa beat Maalot. Starting from last season, Maalot is a much improved team from the past several years, whereas Haifa lost basically all of its good players other than Boris Amromin and is a very old team, with most of the guys well into their forties.
    Maalot beat Haifa 3-0.

I can read Hebrew, I just can't speak it very well.

I got the information from a facebook group called הוקי קרח (Ice Hockey!)

From that facebook I got a link to Metula Hockey club. The Site is all in Hebrew but there's a page with the schedule for the season.
    http://www.galilole.org.il/index.php...page&page_data[id]=5815&page_type=1&cookie_lang=he&the_session_id=12 fe28284d9eb2d200626b1de05d2ab8

You're right - I reversed the Maalot-Haifa score. See, you knew the scores better than me!

Anyway, I know that your town is a big ex-pat, English speaking community....I was just busting your chops.

Thanks for the links.

Actually, one part of the Metula site indicates that Metula beat Maccabi Metula 1-0.

I'll email Avishai Geller (player-coach of Maccabi Metula) to get the result correct, but he is very busy and sometimes takes quite a while to get back to me, so please be patient.

4. Maccabi Metula
    5. HC Metula (basically the Israeli U-18 team with a few overagers playing for them)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hckeyguy25 View Post
    מועדון הוקי מטולה נגד מועדון מכבי צעירי מטולה – 0-1
    Maccabi is a junior team, and the adult one is just HC Metula. Exactly as it was in the previous season.

Metula beat Maccabi Metula 1-0.
    That's correct.

Thanks Aldair.

I do have one correction for you, though.

I spoke to Avishai Geller via email.

"Maccabi Metula" is a club that Avishai is the player/coach for. It includes many junior aged players, and a few adult players.

"Metula" is a club coached by Israeli U-18 national team coach Boris Mindel. It has most of the Israeli U-18 national team, but also has a few players over 18 years of age.

"Metula" is the official "base club" of the Israeli U-18 nationals, whereas "Maccabi Metula" is not.

Marc -Maccabi Metula in Hebrew also has a word "Tzair"-youth attached to it

I know, and that is a big reason why it is so confusing for many.

Basically, Maccabi Metula consists of guys who broke away from the main "HC Metula" club run by Boris Mindel. Like HC Metula, it is mainly U-18 players but has a limited number of adult players as well.

"HC Metula" is the base club for the Israeli U-18 team according to its own website, and also according to Avishai Geller, a member of the men's national team, and this year's player-coach of Maccabi Metula.
    Last edited by Marc Brunengraber; 18-11-2009 at 06:31. Reason: corrected typo

IHF Member
    Hey Aldair, do you know the schedule for this weeks games, if any?? I've seen a schedule that says there are games and I've seen posts that week 3 is next week. So, I'm a bit confused.

IHF Member
    For those of you who can read Hebrew, here is the league schedule up to the beginning of February. Feel free to translate it.

לוח משחקי הליגה לעונת 2009/2010
    אלטרנטיבה ראשונה

סיבוב ראשון

30.10.2009 מטולה V בת-ים 1 19:00
    מעלות V בת-ים 2 20:45
    הרצלייה V צעירי מטולה 22:30

13.11.2009 מטולה V צעירי מטולה 19:00
    מעלות V חיפה 20:45
    הרצלייה V רחובות 22:30

20.11.2009 בת-ים 1 V בת-ים 2 19:00
    מטולה V חיפה 20:45
    מעלות V רחובות 22:30

27.11.2009 מטולה V בת-ים 2 19:00
    בת-ים 1 V רחובות 20:45
    חיפה V צעירי מטולה 22:30

11.12.2009 בת-ים 1 V מעלות 19:00
    בת-ים 2 V הרצלייה 20:45
    חיפה V רחובות 22:30

25.12.2009 בת-ים 1 V צעירי מטולה 19:00
    בת-ים 2 V רחובות 20:45
    הרצלייה V מטולה 22:30

15.01.2010 מטולה V מעלות 19:00
    הרצלייה V חיפה 20:45
    צעירי מטולה V רחובות 22:30

22.01.2010 צעירי מטולה V מעלות 18:15
    מטולה V רחובות 20:00
    בת-ים 1 V הרצלייה 21:45
    בת-ים 2 V חיפה 23:30

05.02.2010 בת-ים 2 V צעירי מטולה 19:00
    בת-ים 1 V חיפה 20:45
    הרצלייה V מעלות 22:30
    Lygafe

Lionel Gaffen/ Fotomix

Next games on 11-20-09:

Haifa vs. Metula

Rehevot vs. Maalot

IHF Member
    Bat Yam 1 vs. Bat yam II will also be playing on 11-20-09.

Lionel Gaffen/ Fotomix

Lygafe

IHF Member
    The Bat Yam game is going to be the first game, right?
    Last edited by Hckeyguy25; 19-11-2009 at 14:47.

"Bat Yam II" is actually "Holon." The club has also been called "Rishon le-Zion" and "Maccabi Lod".

It would be nice if the clubs would get some consistency with the names - it's a task to try and keep up with it.

I've seen Maalot called "Degrees" this year and the Rehovot Eagles called the "Engineers" and "Young Engineers". I have absolutely no idea what the heck any of that is about.

Bat Yam usually is nicknamed the "Piranhas".

Lionel, can you help out with any the this stuff? Thanks in advance.

IHF Member
    Friday, November 20, 2009.
    Three games were to have been played at the Canada Center in Metulla.
    The games scores are as follows: In the opening game, which started at 19:00 hrs., Bat Yam took the measure of Holon by a 10-1 margin.
    Metulla received a 5-0 technical win over the Haifa team, as they failed, for as yet unknown reasons, to put in an appearance.
    In the final match-up, Ma'alot won handily against Rehovot by a 7-1 margin.

There will be three league games taking place next Friday, Nov.27.

Attending the games as my guest, was the internationally known writer and co-author of a great number of books on hockey, Shirley Fischler, a.k.a. the wife of the 'Hockey Maven' himself, Stan Fischler.
    I'll try to get her upcoming article on her impressions of the Israeli hockey scene, and with her permission, will post it here.

Lygafe

Lionel Gaffen/ Fotomix.

IHF Member
    Hi Marc,

I'll see what I can do in the future about getting all the team names properly organized.

Lygafe.

Thanks, Lionel.

To make matters even more confusing, I see the Rehovot Eagles also being called "Metula Streets" and "Streets," and Bat Yam is wearing jerseys that say "Icebergs," which is the name of their youth teams. LOL

November 27th games:

Holon (Bat Yam 2) vs. Metula

Rehovot vs. Bat Yam

Maccabi Metula vs. Haifa

I found out that a pre-season game was actually played between Metula and Rehovot, though I can't tell who won. The score was apparently 13-0.

Also, Metula played a non-league friendly vs. Bat-Yam on November 20th and won 7-1. Yes, that was Bat-Yam's second game of the evening! Jevgeny Gussin was not in goal for Bat Yam in the friendly. He did play goal in Bat-Yam's 9-2 regular season win vs. Metula a couple of weeks ago.

Israel

Hey is there an official website of the league and is it possible to get any information in english?

No official website, although two of the clubs have websites in Hebrew &/or Russian (Metula & Haifa).

As for English discussion of the league, that's right here at the International Hockey Forums - we have far more discussion of the league than anywhere else on the internet.

Welcome aboard.

thanks. in russian i should be able to at least understand a bit (hebrew just nothing :D) !!

are there any players from other countries playing in israel right now or just domestic players?

All Israeli citizens playing in both the men's (called "senior") league and the U-18 (called "junior") league.

There's no U-20 league (or national team) due to Israeli military requirements, which also hurts player development during a critical age, but sadly it's a necessary part of Israeli life.

The Israeli U-18 league is of a very, very low level - really, it's a beginner's league, a "learn how to play hockey" league.

The men's league is very unbalanced - players range in age from about 15 to their late 40's, with everything from beer leaguers to guys who have had some pro hockey experience. Teams generally have three lines. The talent level drops very, very quickly after the top line. A team that picks up 2 to 4 top Israeli League players can change the entire power structure of the whole league instantly. That's how Haifa went from a perennial league power to doormat overnight a couple of seasons ago, and how Maalot went from doormat to league power likewise overnight last season.

Currently, the top couple of teams like Hertzliya and Maalot are decent teams, and probably play at a decent U.S. Junior B level on average, though their top players are obviously better than that (and their lowest level players below that). Today's Bat-Yam, Maccabi Metula and Metula clubs all play, roughly, at a low U.S. Junior B level (again, though, with their best couple of players being much better than that and their lowest level guys below that level). Haifa (other than its goalie, who is strong and the national team backup) & Rehovot play - at best - at bottom end U.S. Junior B level and probably closer to good/average beer league level, whereas Holon (or 'Bat Yam II', if you prefer) is nothing other than a weak beer league level squad. On the whole, the men's league - on average - competes roughly on a low U.S. Junior B level. Good Canadian & American beer leagues are stronger. Other than Hertzliya, Maalot and perhaps Bat-Yam, decent/good Canadian & U.S. beer league, U.S. Junior B, and ACHA Division III club teams would beat Israeli league teams up badly. Canadian Junior B squads would simply crush them. Of this year's teams, Hertzliya, Maalot and maybe Bat-Yam could play against those types of teams in a competitive game.

November 27, 2009 scores -

Metula 8, Holon 1

Bat-Yam 13, Rehovot 0

Haifa 3, Maccabi Metula 2

Surprisingly tough season so far for Maccabi Metula. Rehovot seems to have regressed.

All Israeli citizens playing in both the men's (called "senior") league and the U-18 (called "junior") league.

There's no U-20 league (or national team) due to Israeli military requirements, which also hurts player development during a critical age, but sadly it's a necessary part of Israeli life.

The Israeli U-18 league is of a very, very low level - really, it's a beginner's league, a "learn how to play hockey" league.

The men's league is very unbalanced - players range in age from about 15 to their late 40's, with everything from beer leaguers to guys who have had some pro hockey experience. Teams generally have three lines. The talent level drops very, very quickly after the top line. A team that picks up 2 to 4 top Israeli League players can change the entire power structure of the whole league instantly. That's how Haifa went from a perennial league power to doormat overnight a couple of seasons ago, and how Maalot went from doormat to league power likewise overnight last season.

Currently, the top couple of teams like Hertzliya and Maalot are decent teams, and probably play at a decent U.S. Junior B level on average, though their top players are obviously better than that (and their lowest level players below that). Today's Bat-Yam, Maccabi Metula and Metula clubs all play, roughly, at a low U.S. Junior B level (again, though, with their best couple of players being much better than that and their lowest level guys below that level). Haifa (other than its goalie, who is strong and the national team backup) & Rehovot play - at best - at bottom end U.S. Junior B level and probably closer to good/average beer league level, whereas Holon (or 'Bat Yam II', if you prefer) is nothing other than a weak beer league level squad. On the whole, the men's league - on average - competes roughly on a low U.S. Junior B level. Good Canadian & American beer leagues are stronger. Other than Hertzliya, Maalot and perhaps Bat-Yam, decent/good Canadian & U.S. beer league, U.S. Junior B, and ACHA Division III club teams would beat Israeli league teams up badly. Canadian Junior B squads would simply crush them. Of this year's teams, Hertzliya, Maalot and maybe Bat-Yam could play against those types of teams in a competitive game.
    Marc if you look at the Youtube videos-some guys can barely skate !!

You're right....and those Youtube videos you are referring to are almost all from two seasons ago (with a few from last season as well), when you had Rehovot as an expansion team, Maalot as a league doormat, and Haifa after being decimated by the loss of all of its good players save the goalie. In the videos, Haifa looks OK but old & slow, Rehovot & Maalot guys can skate adequately but have no real skills or shots, and Rishon (now called 'Holon' or 'Bat Yam II') look atrocious in every way.

Which is why, in the 2008-2009 Israeli League thread, I mentioned that it might be nice to see videos of the better or even mid-table teams, rather than the doormats who get killed by those teams.

Hertzliya, Bat-Yam and this year's Maalot team (which was totally revamped last season and made the finals - a far different team than the Youtube vids from 2 seasons ago) are beating Holon & Rehovot by double digits.

Even with the better teams, it is what it is - a league that, for a national league, is among the lowest in level out there. With that said, the fact that Israel has even managed to maintain a national league for about 20 years or so is an amazing feat. The challenge is to significantly upgrade the skill. More rinks are urgently needed, as are more games per club - and practices.
    Last edited by Marc Brunengraber; 29-11-2009 at 07:30.

IHF Member
    Anyone have or know how to get Standings and Stats for the league so far??

IHF Member
    With regard to the discussions of the quality of various teams in the league, it must be taken into account that a great number of the players are only able to practice in roller blade rinks in and around the center of the country. A number of the newer players have come directly from the roller rinks and those are the ones who give the appearance of hardly being able to skate, as they have very limited experience on ice at all. Today, there are many hundreds, if not thousands, of in line players who would jump at the chance to switch to ice skates if there were proper facilities in and around the center of the country.
    Take into account as well that since there is only one official Olympic size hockey rink available, the ice practice time is very limited. and basically only to those players who live in and around the northern area, which is a 21/2-3 hr. drive from the country's center. The small rink in the western Galilee allows for a 3 on 3 practice, as do the roller rinks.
    The roller blade teams that switched to ice skates [or more accurately, added ice skates ] two or more years ago, are just now beginning to look more comfortable skating on ice, but have only developed limited skills in puck handling and shooting, as they never get any practice time on ice..
    As Marc pointed out, given the limitations of the facilities, it's amazing that the league and the individual teams involved have done and are doing as well as they do over the years.
    Two years ago, there were only five teams, and that has now been expanded to eight teams, so the desire is definitely there.

Lygafe

Lionel Gaffen/ Fotomix.

IHF Member
    On Dec. 11, the following games will take place at the Canada Center in Metulla, beginning at 19:00 hrs. Ma'alot vs. Bat Yam I; followed by Herzliya vs. Bat Yam II, and finally Rehovot vs. Haifa.

Lygafe

Lionel Gaffen/ Fotomix

--------------------------------------------------
    Editor's Note -

"Bat Yam I" is "Bat Yam"
    "Bat Yam II" is Holon
    Last edited by Marc Brunengraber; 05-12-2009 at 17:46. Reason: clarifying team names

Thanks, Lionel. It's always a pleasure to have you contribute here when you see fit to do so.

For those who don't know him, Lionel Gaffen (lygafe) is THE pre-eminent Israeli hockey writer / expert / historian.

As for earlier questions -

There is no official Israeli League website that I am aware of, and no official stats page anywhere on the internet.

Aldair & Lygafe often are able to post individual player stats for the league leaders at season's end.

IHF Member
    Hi Marc,

Thanks for the kind words.

During the season, I'll make an effort to get up for a number of the games, but since they're now usually playing a three game a night schedule, I won't be able to stay for a lengthy period of time.

However, there is an official Israeli website which has started to be updated on a regular basis. From what I've been able to see so far. a fellow by the name of Eli Maaravi has been posting the game news and photos of the games as well. While his syntax may not be overly polished, he appears to be able to provide details of the games, and this past w'end, he did post the results and photos on Saturday, the 28th.

Hopefully, he'll be able to maintain the website during the entire season. Segei Matin mentioned that Eli would be posting to the website, so let's hope it will become a regular feature.

I wasn't able to locate the team standings on the site, so perhaps that's an oversight up until now. I'll stay in contact with Sergei Matin, as he has promised to send me a complete player list, but asked for some extra time, as there have been a number of player changes since the beginning of the season, as some players have changed teams, etc.

Check out the website at : http://www.israhockey.co.il/

Lygafe

Lionel Gaffen/ Fotomix

If there are any questions that I can answer [ only of a personal nature ] outside the forum, I can be reached at : Lygaffen@yahoo.com

IHF Member
    In order to help provide a more accurate assessment of the Israeli hockey scene with the one Olympic sized rink, the funding situation also has to be taken into account.
    The Canada Center receives some funding from the government, for the advancement of sport, but it is very limited, and I won't go into details, except to say that the majority of the funding is for youth programs. Part of the C.C. funding comes from United Israel Appeal [Canada ], in very limited form, and another small part of the funding comes from a financially strapped regional council. All of the players [seniors ] pay a membership fee [ we'll call it ] in order to take part in league activities, as the ice time is very expensive, and whatever grants and subsidies there are, don't cover the ice time expense. As well, there have been some fund raising ventures to try to help invigorate the growth and development of Israeli hockey over the years.
    The Jewish world hockey tournament that was held this past summer is one such undertaking, and whatever profit they may have made will and is being used for the advancement of the hockey programs.
    If anyone has an interest in philately, or who would just like to help the hockey program in Israel, I'll repeat a message that Irving Osterer, a graphic designer in Ottawa, Canada, who has given so much of his time and talent in the past in designing programs for the visiting Israeli teams, who have travelled throughout N.America in past years, sent to me.
    After the tournament last summer, he designed a commemorative cover which, hopefully, will provide some additional funding for the Israeli hockey program.

"Commemorative Cover marks the second World Jewish Hockey Tournament in Israel

The State of Israel has managed to send national teams to Junior and Senior International Ice Hockey Federation Championships for the past decade, despite the fact that it has only one regulation rink in the entire country .The ice surface, built by Canadian patrons, is situated on the Lebanese frontier, and attracts competitive players from all over the country who make the long trek to Metula to play in Israel's National League.

From July 5-15, 2009, the Israeli Ice Hockey Federation hosted the second World Jewish Ice Hockey Championships. Teams from Canada, the United States, France, Israel and Russia took part in full contact, senior and U18 junior tournaments.

While some might question the concept of holding a "Jewish" hockey tournament, the Israeli Ice Hockey Federation used this venue to show the hockey world that it was capable of hosting a world class event, in the hope that Metula's Mercaz Canada may get some consideration from the IIHF to host qualifying matches and championships. The July competition also served as an important vehicle to provide Israel's National Teams meaningful games outside of IIHF competition and gave Jews from abroad a chance to skate in their ancestral homeland. Between games, all teams had a chance to tour and experience the Holy Land's cultural and religious sites. As several of Israel's Arab neighbours compete for the annual Arab Cup of Ice Hockey in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, it is not unreasonable to believe that in the near future, we may see the game play an important role in Arab Israeli relations.

To further publicize the tournament and promote Israel's hockey initiatives, a special postmark, souvenir stamp and envelope were commissioned. Designs were tendered and approved by Sidney Greenberg, Chairman of the Israeli Ice Hockey Association and its president Sergei Matin.

The commemorative envelopes were printed in Canada by Custom Printers of Renfew. As a passionate hockey fan, General Manager Kerry Thompson was happy to assist Israel's hockey program. The cancellation, cover artwork and stamp were designed by Irving Osterer, a graphic design teacher at Merivale High School in Ottawa and a member of the Society for International Hockey Research. The postage stamp features defenceman Ron Soreanu, a veteran of Israel's National team. Osterer received several suggestions to facilitate production from stamp dealer Isidore Baum, proprietor of Montreal's Judaica Sales Limited. Yael Kostas and Vered Shilsel at Israel's Philatelic Service supervised the production of the special stamps, the postmark die and the cancellation of the covers.

The hockey postmark will have an official catalogue number in the Israeli commemorative cancels catalogue, and will be listed on the Israel Philatelic Federation website. The finished covers are a wonderful souvenir of the event and are hand numbered from 1-500.

Generous support from the Arnon Corporation in Ottawa, made this endeavour possible. Arnon president Arnie Vered's son and nephew played for Team Canada 'Red', the Gold medal winner in the U18 competition. He believes that beyond the spirited competition, all the youngsters and coaches gained a greater appreciation for Israel and its borders.

Covers can be purchased from the Israel Ice Hockey Federation via their website http://www.israelicehockey.com , or by writing to:

Israel Ice Hockey Federation,
    2 St. Clair Avenue West, Suite 2000,
    Toronto, ON
    Canada M4V 1L5

A limited number of envelopes autographed by Ron Soreanu will also be available. All proceeds will be directed to supporting hockey programs in Israel."

Lionel Gaffen/Fotomix

Lygafe
    Last edited by lygafe; 30-11-2009 at 05:45. Reason: typo

IHF Member
    On Friday, Dec.11, the following games will take place at the Canada Center in Metulla, starting at 19:00 hrs.
    The two undefeated teams, until now, Ma'alot 'Manfort' and Bat Yam 'Icebergs' will vie for the top spot.
    Following that game, Rehovot 'Eagles' will take on the Holon hockey club, followed by Metulla H.C. against the Herzliya ' ice time' team.

Lionel Gaffen/ Fotomix

Lygafe.

Here are the league standings so far (just in wins and losses, as there have not, to my knowledge, been any OT games, unless Metula's 1-0 win over Maccabi Metula went to extra time, which again, I'm not aware of).

1. Bat Yam 3-0
    1. Maalot 3-0
    3. Hertzliya 2-0
    4. Metula 2-1
    5. Haifa 1-2
    6. Maccabi Metula 0-2
    7. Rehovot 0-3
    7. Holon (Bat Yam II) 0-3

IHF Member
    Anyone have Player Stats/League Leaders?

IHF Member
    There has been an agenda change made, both in the order of play, and in some of the teams involved for Friday night Dec.11.
    The two undefeated teams, until now, Ma'alot 'Manfort' and Bat Yam 'Icebergs' will vie for the top spot, as reported earlier.
    The second match-up will see the Herzliya ' Ice Time' squad against the Holon hockey team, while the third game will consist of the Haifa 'Hawks' opposing the Rehovot 'Eagles'.

Lionel Gaffen/ Fotomix

Lygafe

December 11, 2009 scores -

Maalot 2, Bat-Yam 1

Herzliya 11, Holon 0

Haifa and Rehovot also played, but I don't have that score.

HC Bat-Yam is now using the name "Icebergs" instead of "Piranhas".

The other score from December 11, 2009:

Haifa Hawks 4, Rehovot Eagles 1

IHF Prospect
    for the league to grow there must be new teams in cities wich have large russian/soviet populations....ice teams would be good in cities like Ashkelon, Karmiel, Hadera, Ashdod, Netanya, Beer Sheva, Tiberias, Kiryat Gat...maybe even in Kiryat Motzkin....to have teams in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem are a MUST....and of course new hockey rinks need to be build ASAP...like they say...if u build it...they will come..:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information