Zimný štadión Ondreja Nepelu (Samsung Arena)/ Ondrej Nepela winter stadium

Hockey team: HC Slovan Bratislava
    Note: Currently under reconstruction
    Projected capacity: 10 000
    Current look:

Projected look after reconstruction:

Zimný štadión Vladimíra Dzurilli/ Vladimir Dzurilla winter stadium

Hockey Team: HK ´99 Ruzinov
    Note: The home for all HC Slovan Bratislava teams until the rebuliding of Samsung Arena is finished.
    Capacity: 3500

Zimný štadión Dúbravka/ Dubravka winter stadium

Hockey team: HOBA Bratislava
    Capacity:

Slovak hockey... just won´t die :D :D :D
    The spirit of Petersburg 2000 lived in Helsinki 2012...found in the last possible moment in Helsinki 2013...

Košice
    Steel Arena- L. Trojak winter stadium
    Hockey team: HC Kosice
    Capacity: 8347
    Note: Co-host of the 2011 IHWC

Zimný štadión Kavečianska cesta/ Kavecianska street winter stadium

The spirit of Petersburg 2000 lived in Helsinki 2012...found in the last possible moment in Helsinki 2013...

some pictures of old "sklenik" - ice rink on Kavecianska street. it's capacity is 1800 I think. very cold in winter :))

A new rink in Lamač, Bratislava?

A new ice rink should start to be built in Lamač in Bratislava in March 2010 as a part of a private high school that plans to become a sports school for winter sports- ice hockey, curling and figure skating too. Some photos of the projected look can be found here.

New hockey hall in Hamuliakovo by Bratislava, looks like a private investition, looks kinda nice.
    why can´t our dear government build a few of those for kids?

EDIT: I forgot to add that a training hall started to be built by Steel Arena in Košice because of the WHC, should be finished in February, but I seriously doub it. 3,3 million Euro from government, 790 000 Euro from town Košice and 1,327 mio Euro as a gift from US Steel Košice.

A private investor, who wants to emulate on Marian Gaborik and his MG Rink, plans to build a new multifunctional arena with an ice-rink for children and to be used for culture in Senec.

Place:Senec
    Investor:Private investor
    Autors: Ing. arch. Pavel Kosnáč, Ing.arch. Martin Rezník, Ing. arch. Silvia Kračúnová, Ing. arch. Matúš Polák (KOSI, s.r.o.)
    Estimated cost: 6 million Euro (180 million Skk)
    Estimated capacity: 2000-3000 spectators
    Expected start of building: June 2010
    Expected finish of building: April 2011

Visualisations here.

Would be great if this one worked out , but I´m not gonna get overexcited, as for example in Prešov a training rink for kids like MG rink has been planned to be builts since like 2005 already and nothing has happened so far.

A Bratislava company Builder, s.r.o. is planning to build a hockey hall as a part of a sports centre in Petržalka, Bratislava.

LINK with visualization

2011 IHWC arenas
    The (re)building of the Nepela arena seems to be going pretty fast, a great place to follow the progress as well as the progress on the training rink in Košice is here.

Lamač, Bratislava
    -It looks like nothing much is happening with the rink that should have been started to built in Lamač, Bratislava in March 2010, the rink should cost 2 million euro and be financed by a company ZLL-SPORT,s.r.o.. It is supposed to be a part of a sports school specialized in ice-hockey, figure skating and curling.
    Patržalka, Bratislava
    - Nothing new about the rink in Osvištie in Petržalka either
    Senec
    - We will see in less than a month whether the building of the arena in Senec will be started, it should be financed by a private investor (but it is possible that one of the NHL players will also take part) and it´s priority should be the development of youth ice-hockey, but also other sports/culture activities

The whole 2011 Deaflympics fiasco
    The 2011 Deaflympics were sheduled to be in High Tatra, Slovakia next year. As a part of the preparations the rinks in Kežmarok and Levoča should have been reconstructed, the Kežmarok rink for 19 million Euro and the Levoča rink for 8 million Euro. However the Deaflympics in Slovakia were cancelled, but the (re)building process both in Kežmarok and Levoča has already begun and is currently continuing. No idea what they´ll do about it, especially in Kežmarok where they´ll have to finish the recunstruction, but those 19 million is 2 million more than the town has in it s yearly budget.

Elsewhere they guy that calls himself our prime minister has been throwing away our money during his visits mainly to Central/Eastern Slovakia, well it s not like we don´t have the eletions this year:
    Stará Ľubovňa
    - On March 24,2010 he has promised 1 million Euro for the finishing of the rink in Stará Ľubovňa (16 239 citizens), mainly thanks to people from there protesting during his visit, saying that they had to travel to Kežmarok, Spišská Nová Ves or even to Poland.
    Velký Krtíš
    - on April 21,2010 he has promised another 1 million Euro for a similar rink in Velký Krtíš (13 649 citizens)
    Čaňa
    - and finally on May 5th, 2010 he has promised 600 000 Euro for a rink in Čaňa, yeah, this 5000 town nearby Košice, don´t ask me what they need a rink for (actually most people there are very far from happy about this from what I gather) and how the hell will they be able to provide the running of a rink, costs a lot of money after all

Anyway, it doesn t look like anything is happening about these three except the fact that the towns got the money

IHF Member
    Maybe this List helps:

http://www.hockeyarenas.net/index.ph...pacity&lang=en

At the moment there are 58 Rinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Maybe this List helps:

http://www.hockeyarenas.net/index.ph...pacity&lang=en

At the moment there are 58 Rinks.
    Thanks a lot. The Danube Arena can be removed, it was a project of former chairman of the Bratislava self governing region, however the new one has more brain and has cancelled it as it never made much sense and the Bratislava self governing region has already lost a lot of money through it and would lose even more. Don´t really wanna go into much detail, just your typical little Slovakia, some good bussiness for someone.

IHF Member
    Ok, Danube Arena is removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Ok, Danube Arena is removed.
    Thanks, but you´re also missing training rink in Hamuliakovo nearby Bratislava, which was open this year in February. Here is a
    visualization and here is how it looked in January, I can´t seem to find a picture of it finished, but it´s already working.

Also if you´re interested, this is a very good place to find news about sports grounds in Slovakia, ice-hockey arenas/rinks included.

IHF Member
    Thanks !

I need help with so many Rinks on our page.

Shure we also will upload this:-)

We have some good news about the ice rink in Nové Mesto nad Váhom. One of the few rinks actually built in the last 5 years in the country, it has so far only been home for amateur hockey. However this could change soon. The NMnV team Strojstav also had a youth team, but they only practised and played in tournaments. Now the youth team in NMnV has come to an agreement with HK Bulldogs, a private U20 team, which played in the U20 1.liga last year and whose aim it is to promote to the U20 Extraliga. Last year, HK Bulldogs play at Marián Gáborík´s rink in Trenčín, but starting next year they will play in Nové Mesto and all the kids from the Nové Mesto youth team will be registered at SZĽH- the Slovak Ice Hockey Federation and under the name HK Bulldogs Nové Mesto nad Váhom two teams will play in the Western Slovakia ŠHT leagues.

Also, some news on the proposed Senec arena, construction won´t start until the end of 2010, but the rink should be finished by the end of 2011.

We´ve ot some very interesting proposals once again. However since this is Slovakia, we will have to wait to see whether at least some of them will actually work out.

A private investor plans to build KVP Arena in the ereal of the Drábová elementary school in Košice- it should be a sports centrum for the pupils as well as the public. They plan to start construction at the end of this or the beginning of next year and they plan to open it in one year. This first stage includes a indoor rink, an open ball hockey rink and a building with locker rooms. The 2nd stage which should be finished by 2012 is supposed to include multiple-function rink for florball and futsal and an open play ground. In the last stage there also should be a swimming pool by 2013. Expected costs are 3,5 million euro and the investor counts with own money as well as money from euro-funds and from the sports federations.

There are also plans for one more indoor rink in Ťahanovce, Košice, which relates to the plans to create a sports school in the Burselská elemntary school.
    http://korzar.sme.sk/c/5441815/po-st...kvp-arenu.html

A private investor- Stavex Real s.r.o. plans to build a practise indoor rink in the biggest neighboourhood in Nitra-Klokočina. The investor asks from the town of Nitra that they would rent the parcel (which is in the areal of an elementary school) for the rink for 1 Euro a year for 30 years. The investor also should pay all the costs related to the rink for those 30 years. After the 30 years the investor plans to transmit the rink to the town of Nitra for FREE. 56x26 meters and a capacity of 250.

http://prestavka.sk/2-9225/NITRA:-Na...adi%C3%B3n.xml

Already in 2009 the construction of a new indoor rink started in Vranov nad Topľou in the place of the old open rink. The construction was however stopped becaue of the lack of money, but has been restarted on the 1st of June. The whole thing should cost 3 548 915 Euro. So far it cost 354 470 EURO, which was paid by the town Vranov and also by SZĽH (116 180 Euro). Indoor rink with a capacity of 1000.
    http://regionvt.sk/aktuality/229-vys...pokracuje.html

Visualization:

IHF Member
    Thanks. I addet Vranov nad Topľou to google Maps:

http://www.hockeyarenas.net/index.ph...cID=sk&lang=en

I cant find pictures from the old open Rink:(

Dan
    Poprad - it is no longer "HK AquaCity..." but only HK ŠKP Poprad (team colors blue and white), and also the arena is no longer called AquaCity Hockey Arena, but it's back to "Zimný štadión" (that's so clever to name the building after the general sponsor...)
    to the Useage - you can green also Practice, Public Hockey and Public Skating. it's Hockey Stadium, and the ice is not International/Olympic, but NHL (changed few years ago to 56m x 26m), Capacity is 4,464, but only seated area, when it was rebuilt, two corner sectors left for standing (one for home fanclub, another for visitors), and so they write it as 4,500
    and about the Sold Out Games:
    - 20.1.2005 against HC Slovan Bratislava official 5,500 (it was Bondra - Šatan+Višňovský match and about 7,000 people there)
    - 14.3.2006 against Dukla Trenčín official 6,532 ( which is weird, because the cap is 5,500 and this is over it, but, well, it can be true, we never have the right number)
    - 30.3.2006 and 31.3.2006 against HC Košice
    - 9., 10., 16. and 21.4.2006 against MsHK Žilina (all of this six - official 5,500)
    - 28.10.2007 against SkiPark MHK Kežmarok (official 4,464, but there were more of us again :P)
    plus I would like to add 3.3.2008 against HC Košice, the official was 4,460, but come on, it was full...

I will try to add informations for other arenas from Slovakia if it is missing. and when practice on ice will start, I will take outdoor picture from Poprad.

Trnava (team colors dark blue and yellow)
    road - Spartakovská 1/B
    I don't know the construction year (I think it's 1980), I will ask, but in november 2008 the second rink was opened, and so you can add Practice Hall to the Rinks. I've got many pictures, but just from the game, but I'll be there twenty days later, so I will add some from both.
    Arena Details: Arena Type - Hockey Stadium, Ice - International/Olympic, Useage - all of these (well, inline is just at the practice hall), Other - events
    no sold-outs (and I doubt there will ever be)

Košice
    Zimný štadión - Kavečianska
    Sold Out Games:
    2004/2005
    26.9., 19.11.2004 and 20.1.2005 against HKM Zvolen
    12.10., 4.12.2004 and 6.2.2005 against Dukla Trenčín
    17.10., 7.12.2004 and 17.2.2005 against HC Slovan Bratislava
    6., 7. and 13.3.2005 against Nitra
    24. and 25.3.2005 against Zvolen
    2005/2006
    30.9., 24.1. against HK Nitra
    9.10., 2.12., 31.1. against HC Slovan Bratislava
    27.12. against HK Tatravagónka ŠKP Poprad
    19.1. against Dukla Trenčín
    5.2. against MHC Martin

it's Hockey Stadium; Useage - league, practice, public skating

and I've posted here outdoor pictures of it
    Quote Originally Posted by sosu View Post

some pictures of old "sklenik" - ice rink on Kavecianska street. it's capacity is 1800 I think. very cold in winter :))

Info

I will try to add informations for other arenas from Slovakia if it is missing. and when practice on ice will start, I will take outdoor picture from Poprad.
    Dan, you can use my pictures, they are on Wikimedia Commons.

C.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...a_Poprad_3.jpg

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...a_Poprad_2.jpg

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...a_Poprad_1.jpg
    Dresdner Eislöwen - Buffalo Sabres - HC Davos - Dynamo Moscow - EC VSV

Quote Originally Posted by canyonero View Post
    Dan, you can use my pictures, they are on Wikimedia Commons.

C.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...a_Poprad_2.jpg
    love it!! because there are those trees. which actually are down already. it's so weird without it, I miss it. now standing in front of the door seems like being naked, 'cause you can see the road and everybody from the road can see you.

also that big sign "AquaCity HOCKEY ARENA" is not there anymore, but that's just the detail

Dan, there are some new photos (mainly from inside) of he Hamuliakovo rink on their website here and here.

Former player Ľubomír Pištek told Šport that the construction of the new rink (something similar to MG´s rink) in Lamač in Bratislava could start in one month, but he didn´t want to disclose any details until they actually start building.

are there any updates/photos on the progress of the new samsung arena?
    ***СЛАЯ***

Quote Originally Posted by SLAJA View Post
    are there any updates/photos on the progress of the new samsung arena?
    There are almost daily updates on here.

It seems that in 2010 there´s really loads and loads good news for rinks in Slovakia.

- There should be a new training rink built in Poprad also due to the probability of the two teams playing in the town (+all HK Poprad´s youth teams). HK Poprad´s president Tibor Turan claims that they have been thinking about building one even before the whole Lev situation. It should have a capacity of around 200 and around 6 locker rooms. The building should take around 3-4 months. No further details (as when the building should start) were disclosed by Tibor Turan, who traveled to the Czech republic to talk about the possibility of building the training rink.

- In even better news, the 2011 Deaflympics will take place in Slovakia after all, which means that the (re)construction of the rinks in Kežmarok and Levoča will continue.

- It seems like the first phase of the construction of the rink in Stará Ľubovňa could start in autumn. It should be financed by the government (1 million Euro), which however was promised to SĽ by the previous government and considering the political shift (+the floods in June) we had last month, I´m not as optimistic as the people from SĽ that they will actually get this money for a rink. The 2nd phase should cost 800 000 Euro and it remains unknown how it will be financed.

Visualisations for the SĽ rink:

Yesterday the building of a new training rink (which will be a part of a sports academy) started in Lamač, Bratislava. Acc. to Ľubomír Pištek, it should cost 3 million Euro and should be finished in early May of 2011.

Visualisations:

It seems that the Orava region will get one more rink (asides from the on ine Dolný Kubín) near the Orava dam very soon. It´s a private project of the Hotel Altis and it includes a sport centre not only with an ice-rink (56x26m), but also a gym, inside pools, wellness, professional fitness centre and an outdoor court.

The creator a big hockey fan and former hockey player Filip Fedák says:
    "We have to give hockey to the masses. From my generation the best generation of our hockey grew up. Until it is a sport for wealthy families, we won´t move forward. We know how much things cost and we are convinced that the hockey clubs don´t use the possibilities that the federation or even the NHL can offer them enough. Hockey doesn´t have to be expensive, if someone doesn´t want to get richer thanks to it."

A bit more exact on their hockey plans with youth:

"Our goals are connected with creating a hockey talent factory and having players in sport hockey school classes, that we will transport here. Also we will supply them with equipment. Aft a while the federation will be able to help us with coaching-methodological part of things. Our goal is that the financial burden on the player and his family are as little as possible."

The best things about it yet seemse to be that unlike your typical Slovakia it´s not just words, the cornerstone of this project was already set on March 11th by the general secretary of the Slovak icehockey federation Ján Taraba. The works should be finished on November 11th and they call it an unique areal that doesn´t have any concurence in Europe (kind of doubt that part), which will be able to host two semblies or two congresses at the same time. Already in April the areal should be visited by Dynamo Moscow representatives.

Visualisation:

LINK here and here

Quote Originally Posted by jaaa View Post
    It seems that the Orava region will get one more rink (asides from the on ine Dolný Kubín) near the Orava dam very soon. It´s a private project of the Hotel Altis and it includes a sport centre not only with an ice-rink (56x26m), but also a gym, inside pools, wellness, professional fitness centre and an outdoor court.

The creator a big hockey fan and former hockey player Filip Fedák says:
    "We have to give hockey to the masses. From my generation the best generation of our hockey grew up. Until it is a sport for wealthy families, we won´t move forward. We know how much things cost and we are convinced that the hockey clubs don´t use the possibilities that the federation or even the NHL can offer them enough. Hockey doesn´t have to be expensive, if someone doesn´t want to get richer thanks to it."

A bit more exact on their hockey plans with youth:

"Our goals are connected with creating a hockey talent factory and having players in sport hockey school classes, that we will transport here. Also we will supply them with equipment. Aft a while the federation will be able to help us with coaching-methodological part of things. Our goal is that the financial burden on the player and his family are as little as possible."

The best things about it yet seemse to be that unlike your typical Slovakia it´s not just words, the cornerstone of this project was already set on March 11th by the general secretary of the Slovak icehockey federation Ján Taraba. The works should be finished on November 11th and they call it an unique areal that doesn´t have any concurence in Europe (kind of doubt that part), which will be able to host two semblies or two congresses at the same time. Already in April the areal should be visited by Dynamo Moscow representatives.

Visualisation:

LINK here and here
    great!! Orava needs that.. there are so many sport-talented kids, but they have no vision, no club (and it is not only in hockey) only passion, sport for fun, no developing, no profesionalism..

look, I know about some group of talented basketball players, when they were at primary school, they belonged to the best at Zilina´s region. But when they were 15 y old, they ended or have played for fun.. the same athletes.. hockey has no tradition in Orava
    Last edited by vorky; 23-04-2011 at 11:40.
    http://webhokej24.sk/index.php twitter: @vorkywh24

I hope it can work at least in a similar fashion that the rink in Hamuliakovo already workds, from their website it seems that they already have a hockey schools (regular practices for young kids), hockey summer camps and a figure skating school as well as a men´s team, which beat Nové Zámky 11-3 in an exhibition game and it seems they want to enter a league for 2011/2012 (I guess 2.liga?). Boris Majeský is listed as their coach. www.hamikovo.sk

As for the Orava project the firm that is building it Stavex Real, is also supposed to built the practice rink in Klokočina in Nitra which I mentioned in earlier posts already. Who knows maybe they have even more projects?

Anyway does anyone know, what the situation in Kežmarok and Levoča is after the Deaflympics fiasco? Also is anything happening in Stará Ľubovňa? Or about KVP or Ťahanovce in Košice? Or even more so about the arena in Senec, IMO it should have originally been finished about now (!). I guess not, since I couldn´t find any info about it.
    So many projects and so little real results from it.

At least it seems that the reconstruction into an indoor rink from an outdoor one has been finished in Vranov nad Topľou acc. to hockeyarenas.net:

Quote Originally Posted by jaaa View Post
    Or about KVP or Ťahanovce in Košice?
    well afaik, nothing is known about any arena in kvp and nothing will happen in the following few (lets say 5, but ever more is quite a safe bet) years... and this is based on no words about this topic in the last mayoral election... and no words about this whatsoever...
    and i would say the same applies to tahanovce...
    Per aspera ad Astra. [42]

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    well afaik, nothing is known about any arena in kvp and nothing will happen in the following few (lets say 5, but ever more is quite a safe bet) years... and this is based on no words about this topic in the last mayoral election... and no words about this whatsoever...
    Well AFAIK both projects were projects by private investors, so.....of course boht wanted some kind of input from the local authorities...

http://korzar.sme.sk/c/5441815/po-st...kvp-arenu.html

Anyway, now that Lev Poprad has been confirmed in the KHL, there will be a new training rink build, in which the MHL team will play its games. I´ve read in some article that they want to build in in three months, but I´m pretty sure it will take a while longer than that.

I have also heard something about the possibility that there would be a hockey academy created at the current school where kids from Poprad´s youth teams go in Spišská Sobota, which would include an ice surface. Not sure whether anyone else heard something about this and whether there is any truth to it.

And "skleník" will soon change into Crows Arena! after HC Košice sold it since their youth teams moved to the practice rink by Steel Arena:

Visualisation:

The reconstruction should be finished by 2013 and the rink should be mainly used for non-hockey purposes like figure/public skating and their not planning on creating a new hockey team and making concurence to HC Košice, but it´s possible that they might for example worked with players not wanted by HC anymore or so...

http://korzar.sme.sk/c/5919409/namie...ows-arena.html

Also this is news already from March, but I found it just now, the proposed rink in Čaňa that I mentioned a while ago is actually being built:

http://www.patriot.sk/2011/03/stavba...zne-pokrocila/

Quote Originally Posted by vorky View Post
    great!! Orava needs that.. there are so many sport-talented kids, but they have no vision, no club (and it is not only in hockey) only passion, sport for fun, no developing, no profesionalism..

look, I know about some group of talented basketball players, when they were at primary school, they belonged to the best at Zilina´s region. But when they were 15 y old, they ended or have played for fun.. the same athletes.. hockey has no tradition in Orava
    Everything seems to show that it will 100% work out.

Here´s an article that says that the groundworks of the rink are already finished back from April. It should be opened on November 11th, asides from ice (56x26m) the resort (which will be called Altisrezort) will also include a gym, wellness, inside pools, fitnesscenter and multi-purpose court.

Here´s an interview with a guy from the team about him touring Upper Oravia schools getting kids for their programme and already in 2011/2012 they want to have the 0th year (trial year) of "hockey classes", he says they will pay for the transport, coaches and euipment, they will give kids everything asides from skates and helmets. The monthly fees will be 40 Euro. They plan to work with kids from villages in Upper Oravia and asides from hockey they also want the kids to make other sports such as floorball, football, swimmingm cycling and so on and that they want the kids to have fun while learning to play hockey, he also says that the feedback he recieved from the kids was really great.

Then there also is the website of HK Altis , which says that the youth teams practises will start on September 1st and that they will have the 5th-9th grade hockey classes and that they will also as well as prípravka (1st-2nd grade and 3rd-4th grade classes) and that each will have 8 practices monthly. It also says that if there is interest that they can provide hockey equipment for better prices than usual ones, so maybe those words about equipment weren´t all that true?

In the Gallery (Galéria) over at that website they also have a lot of visualisations of the rink, so if you want to add the rink on HockeyArenas you know where to look, Dan....;)

And vorky, by chance don´t you have info about all this since I knwo come from those beautiful parts of our country.

Visualisation of the training rink in Poprad:

http://korzar.sme.sk/c/5928548/pre-k...govu-halu.html

Another update on the Hotel Altis complex

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Well, it seems the project still exists

Though I wonder whether an another rink in Košice would be sustainable (since there´s Steel Arena+ training rink, there will be the renovated Crows Arena and te rink that is currently being build in nearby Čaňa) Not that this means that the project will actually come into existence one day....

heh, thanks for the link... it is quite surprising for me :)

about sustainability: i talked to some people (like amateur hockey players etc.) after crows arena project was presented, i think it could be sustainable - with hc kosice and all youth categories, with figure skating club, with public skating (which is always crowded) and with steel arena quite often not available because of other non-hockey related events... well but who knows :)

but definitely would be nice to have as much ice rinks as could be used... :)

some more info about ice rink in kvp... http://korzar.sme.sk/c/6068716/z-vyr...-v-bazene.html

- rent of the place already agreed on...
    - 26x56m - enough to organize copetitions
    - used by schools in the morning (planned a hockey class in a nearby school)
    - commercial use in the afternoons and evenings...

quite interesting project... hopefully it will be finished the way it is planned... would be nice :)

I couldn´t find a picture anyhwere, but AFAIK the rink in Lamač has been in use since September 2011.

And by the end of summer 2012 the rink in Petržalka, Bratislava should be finished. A new hockey club HC Petržalka 2010 has already been created and registered with the Slovak federation. They´re main aim is youth hockey and also to create an international girl´s hockey academy.

Visualisations:
    0PSBLic7CY2eXkAW-o.jpg

cWjJSbpikLz00CR6-o.jpg

Team logo
    Ytp2NpTl7T1l7Grl-o.jpg

With that Bratislava will have- main Nepela rink, two training rinks at Nepela stadium, main rink and training rink in Ružinov, the rink in Dúbravka, training rink in Lamač, trainign rink in Petržalka and also another trainign rink in a nearby village in Hamuliakovo.

I couldn´t find any actual pictures, but the Hk Altis rink has been already finished 100% as the team is already trainign on ice.

Btw it seems that there are actually three indoor rinks in Orava at this point of time. Except for Dolný Kubín and the new Altis rink, there also is an indoor rink in Oravská Lesná (avillage that was awarded the title 2011 village of the year in Slovakia). It seems that they have had an indoor rink for a while now, but it underwent a bit of a reconstruction about a year ago. A few photos here: http://sk-sk.facebook.com/media/set/...4.215316382509 Looks a bit weird, but not bad for a village. Maybe vorky can tell us a bit more about this?

180877_10150094203187510_215316382509_6122360_62027_n.jpg

EDIT: here are some photos of the construction of the rink in Veľký Krtíš: http://www.hescon.sk/sk/portfolio/35...tadion-v.krtis
    it´s being built by the same company that the rink in Gelnica was, so it will probably look very similar when finished

The rink in Čaňa by Košice will be opened around the end of this year acc. to this http://korzar.sme.sk/c/6073920/vladn...#ixzz1bi1yX8IO
    There´s a photo of he current state in the article

Szilagyi_zimak_VEJA-r589_res.JPG

According to the latest info HC Le´s training rink should be built by the elemntary school Letná at Juh III neighbourhood in Poprad.
    Last edited by jaaa; 04-11-2011 at 11:06.

Oravska Lesna - I am not from this region.. I have seen stadium in this village a few years ago and it was done by wood..

The rink in Veľký Krtíš has been finished, it seems:

i_1054124.jpg

P1080085-r739.jpg

The newest visualisations of the proposed training rink in Poprad:

hala.jpg

hala1.jpg

There is a proposal from a private investor to build a small training rink in Ilava (5000 citizens) by September 2013.

The rink in Námestovo, Orava has been oficially opened this weekend:

altis2.jpg

GxOAYazyb.jpg

interview about stadium in Namestovo.. next views will come soon
    http://www.webhokej24.sk/jine/ine/jo...dy-kto-ma-chut

cca 16-20 stadiums like ours could be built for money which we spent on reconstruction of Nepela Stadium for WC 2011 in Bratislava

Although the rink has been working for a while now, the rink in lamač, Bratislava has been officially "opened" this past week

IMG_8155.JPG

The rink in Petržalka, Bratislava should be finished this summer:

An interesting situation (to say the least) with the Pavol Demitra rink in Trenčín. The rink is owned by the town of Trenčín and already before last season there was a huge fight between the town´s mayor and the club. Now the mayor Rybníček says that the technology at the rink is old and dangerous and a potential ammonia leake could not only be dangerous to people at the rink, but also for people leaving nearby. Therefore Rybníček wants to sell the rink to a private investor for 100 000 Euro. The investor is Altis who have built a small rink in Námestovo recently and are currently building a similar one in Nitra, Klokočina (both mentioned in this thread before).The agreement would have the investor not only repairing the technology in 4 months time, but also investing 11 million Euro into the rink over the next 5 years and guranteeing that they will continue to lend the rink to Dukla for the next 15 years. Once finished, the rink would be more of a real arena closer to Steel and Slovnaft arenas than a rink that it is at the moment. The agreement would also allow the town to by the rink back if the promised 11 million aren´t invested for the amount that had already been invested. Surprise, surprise, Dukla Trenčín disagrees and "has their own solutions" to the problem. Other politicians in town also disagree, the problem being that they believe that the rink is worth more than the 100 000 Euro.

This is what the rink could like if the agreement goes through and the recontruction is done:

This info actually lead me to look up some info about the rink in Klokočina, Nitra as I was kinda thinking that it´s yet another dead project already. But despite being later than promised, it´s actually being build. Sadly the most recent info I could find was from late February/earky March 2012,so it´s (hopefully) likely that the rink is much closer to being finished than in this picture. (and hopefully there will be no roof collapsing after it´s finished like in Námestovo).

EDIT: Acc. the info I´ve been able to find, the rink should be finished by July 2012 and officially opened for public by September 1st 2012 (but that´s info from December 2011, so I´m not sure whether it´s still expected to be finished by this dates).

As for the Námestovo rink, I´m not sure whether there was some kind onf inguiry why that incident with the roof falling actually happened, but it seems that all has been repaired and the rink is back in use now from what I understand from the team´s website.

It would also seem that they started working on turning the "skleník" in Košice into Crows Arena (visualisation is in some of the above posts) recently:

Last edited by jaaa; 07-06-2012 at 21:07.

yep, Námestovo rink works, I was there last week

There´s been a lot of projects mentioned in this thread and I think that it could be interesting to have a summary about where those projects stand, so here we go:

Lamač (Bratislava) BUILT
    Hamuliakovo BUILT
    Steel Arena Training Rink (Košice) BUILT
    Senec DEAD PROJECT (can´t seem to find anything about it past the year 2010)
    Petržalka TO BE FINISHED BY SUMMER 2012
    Slovnaft arena training rinks BUILT
    Levoča DEAD PROJECT (after the whole Deaflympics fiasco, there´s only the skeleton of the rink and the town is hoping to find an investor who would finish the rink, but it seems unlikely they will)
    Kežmarok DEAD PROJECT (pretty much the same as Levoča)
    Stará Ľubovňa UNFINISHED (the rink has been "conerved" recently due to lack of finances to finish it)
    Veľký Krtíš BUILT
    Čaňa TO BE FINISHED BY 2012 (?)
    KVP Arena (Košice) QUESTIONABLE PROJECT (there was an article recently that said that the project still exists, but let´s just say that the investor is supposedly a person with a pretty shabby past)
    Ťahanovce (Košice) QUESTIONABLE PROJECT (the most recent info I could find about this was from March 2011 in which the mayor of this part of Košice said that more should be clear by September 2011 and that the rink should be build by a private investor, but since I couldn´t find any more recent news, I guess it´s either dead too or has been delayed)
    Vranov nad Topľou UNFINISHED (similar case as Stará Ľubovňa)
    Poprad Training Rink DEAD PROJECT (Lev is gone and HK will be happy to even play in the Extraliga this season)
    Námestovo BUILT
    Crows Arena (Košice) REBUILDING STARTED IN SPRING 2012, TO BE FINISHED BY 2013?
    Klokočina (Nitra) TO BE FINISHED IN 2012
    Ilava QUESTIONABLE TO BE FINISHED BY SEPTEMBER 2013? (While, the members of Ilava´s parliament have approved the selling of the land in January 2012 it is way too early not to call it questionable)
    Pavol Demitra Arena (Trenčín) QUESTIONABLE (a. the members of Trenčín´s parliament have to approve whether the rink will be sold and I´m not totally sold on the whole rebuilding happening just yet)

I also though it might be interesting to look at the list of the biggest Slovak towns who have no indoor rink (most of them however do have at least an outdoor rink), towns with population 11 000+ are listed :

TOWN CITIZENS REGION
    Komárno 35 664 West
    Čadca 25 332 Central
    Šaľa 23 645 South
    Dunajská Streda 23 404 South
    Vranov n. Topľou 23 069 East UNFINISHED INDOOR RINK
    Pezinok 22 324 West
    Hlohovec 22 232 West
    Snina 20 991 West
    Bán, n. Bebravou 20 179 West ROOFED OUTDOOR RINK
    Rožňava 18 880 East ROOFED OUTDOOR RINK
    Malacky 18 132 West
    Handlová 17 620 West
    Sereď 16 839 West
    Kežmarok 16 789 East UNFINISHED INDOOR RINK
    Senec 16 665 West
    Stará Ľubovňa 16 384 East UNFINISHED INDOOR RINK
    Kysucké N. Mesto 16 264 Central
    Galanta 16 058 West
    Šamorín 13 026 West
    Revúca 12 785 Central
    Sabinov 12 622 East
    Myjava 12 346 West
    Svidník 11 838 East
    Holíč 11 699 West
    Nová Dubnica 11 689 West
    Bytča 11 582 Central
    Last edited by jaaa; 17-06-2012 at 09:20.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information