Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Israeli League 2006/07 Season

Israel Israeli League 2006/07 Season

New Season begins in Metula on October 27th with a game between Bat Yam I and Rishon le Zion (former Bat Yam II). There is also a new team this year- Team Merkaz from Tel- Aviv.

IHF Member
    oh..... the ominous team Merkaz......

is any schedule available??
    Cheers, Franco

IHF Member

logo's/symbols

Hallo David,

Could you help me with the logo's/symbols of the new club and from:
    Metulla and Nagharia?

Pictures also?

Greetings,
    Rowan :shockey68

There is an article about Metulla rink in slovak portal, if anyone could translate...:scratchhe

http://www.hokej.sk/spravy/?clanok=44513

And there is a link from juniors pre-season game between Metula and Icebergs that has been taken on in Metula at their small ice rink - so you can see what "second Israel ice rink" actually is. :)

http://iceberg.hockey.co.il/video/22092006.wmv

P.S. Metula won 6:2; they are in dark, Icebergs are in light.

Quote Originally Posted by aldair1808
    And there is a link from juniors pre-season game between Metula and Icebergs that has been taken on in Metula at their small ice rink - so you can see what "second Israel ice rink" actually is. :)

http://iceberg.hockey.co.il/video/22092006.wmv

P.S. Metula won 6:2; they are in dark, Icebergs are in light.
    You aren't kidding at all about small. I couldn't see anything other than children's hockey being played there! As the second rink, I think this shows how badly the rink in Tel Aviv needs to be constructed, and not just for expansion of the game.
    Bringing ice hockey to Northwest China!

I'm the hole formerly known as KazakhEagles

GREAT news about the new team Merkaz, David!

If I am correct, that means the teams are now:

Haifa Hawks
    Rishon le Zion (formerly Bat Yam-II, and before that Maccabi Lod)
    Metulla
    Ma'alot
    Bat Yam (formerly Bat Yam-I)
    Merkaz

A couple of questions, David, that perhaps you can ask Mr. Matin for me:

1. Is Bat Yam or Merkaz going to be the "beginner's team"?

2. Why not just call Metulla what it is - the Israel Junior Team - why have the name 'Metulla' at all?

Thanks again David!

Oh, I forgot to ask - with 6 teams, does that mean that each team now plays 10 games (5 x2)??

2006/7 season - the scheldue

So, as it was expected, new team Merkaz - is just a rumour. The only change - that former Bat-Yam 2 is now Rishon - it has been already told above.

The formula is exactly as it was in the last year: 5 teams, 8 games each one, semis and final.

So, the scheldue:

H - Haifa
    R - Rishon
    B - Bat Yam
    Me - Metula
    Ma - Maalot

27.10, 05.01
    R- B
    Ma - H

10.11, 19.01
    Ma - Me
    H - R

17.11, 02.02
    Me - H
    B - Ma

01.12, 16.02
    Ma - R
    Me- B

15.12, 02.03
    Me - R
    B - H

playoff

- HC Haifa Hawks
    Established: 1989
    Colours blue/
    white/red
    Championships: 1994, 2006 - best results: runner up: 2005
    Last season: 1st place

Arena: Metula Canada Center Ice Rink (cap. approx. 970)
    Head coach: none
    Homepage: Haifa Hockey

Roster status:

Goaltender:
    Boris Amromin

Defence:
    Vladimir Sverdlov
    Aleksandr Stolyar
    Shimon Edelstein

Eitan Sherer

Forwards:
    Sergei Belo
    Dmitri Kovalev
    Nikolai Kolomyza

Artem Korotin (c)
    Aleksandr Merzon
    Dmitri Rosenman

Valeri Silyutin
    Leonid Trufanov

Vladimir Shopinsky
    Lorent Kats
    Last edited by Aldair; 01-11-2006 at 19:10.

Thanks for the update, Aldair.

Too bad there is no new 6th team.

The sooner there is a full size rink in (or right near) Tel Aviv, the sooner the sport will grow in Israel.

In my opinion, 8 games spread out over several months does very, very little to help the players get better or to help generate interest in the sport.

At the very least, the existing 5 teams should play each other 3 times each for a total of 12 games per team.

Or, if they had 6 teams, even 10 games per team should be a bare minimum.

I heard that the Canada Centre did indeed suffer damage in the war against the Hezbollah terrorists. That is a shame. Hopefully it will all be repaired and will open soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber
    Thanks for the update, Aldair.

Too bad there is no new 6th team.

The sooner there is a full size rink in (or right near) Tel Aviv, the sooner the sport will grow in Israel.

In my opinion, 8 games spread out over several months does very, very little to help the players get better or to help generate interest in the sport.

At the very least, the existing 5 teams should play each other 3 times each for a total of 12 games per team.

Or, if they had 6 teams, even 10 games per team should be a bare minimum.
    Have to disagree with you. Look, marc, there is only ONE team that looks like the team - Metula. The boys there are training regulary, have a coach, training camps and etc. Other teams - are just older former players that want to play their favorite game...For example, average age of Haifa is more than 35...

The same situation in the rest of teams. The have not any financial support, even club bus,they must to reach Metula by their own transport!! We need more teams like Metula - and the necessary condition for it - exactly as you said - a new rink(or rinks), and they must be close to the center of the country.

I heard that the Canada Centre did indeed suffer damage in the war against the Hezbollah terrorists. That is a shame. Hopefully it will all be repaired and will open soon.
    No, no damage - as far as I know.

Here's why I disagree with you.....many of the Israel men's national team players play in the Israeli league.

They can't possibly use the Israeli league as much of a way to get game experience or physical conditioning with only 8 games per season spread out over so much time.

Look, I know the financial support the clubs receive (other than Metulla, which should just be called what it is - the Israel Junior Team) is literally nothing.

Even with that being the case, allowing them to play a dozen games per season, or preferably even more, is within the ability of the Canada Centre and the Israeli Ice Hockey Federation. And it would help. There is no substitute for ice time, especially game experience.

So, as it was expected, new team Merkaz - is just a rumour. The only change - that former Bat-Yam 2 is now Rishon - it has been already told above.

The formula is exactly as it was in the last year: 5 teams, 8 games each one, semis and final.

So, the scheldue:

H - Haifa
    R - Rishon
    B - Bat Yam
    Me - Metula
    Ma - Maalot

27.10, 05.01
    R- B
    Ma - H

10.11, 19.01
    Ma - Me
    H - R

17.11, 02.02
    Me - H
    B - Ma

01.12, 16.02
    Ma - R
    Me- B

15.12, 02.03
    Me - R
    B - H

playoff

aldair I spoke with Matin it is not a rumor.

Here's why I disagree with you.....many of the Israel men's national team players play in the Israeli league.
    No - that's exactly the matter - the only israel league players that played for national team on last championship, except Metula, were 3 players form Haifa (Korotin -26 years old, Belo and Revnyaga close to 40) and one form Bat Yam(also close to 40 - correct me if I wrong) and had minor contribution for the team...

How they can play more games than 8? If there were youth in Israel league....But youth need to be paid and trained in order to play...

Quote Originally Posted by David
    aldair I spoke with Matin it is not a rumor.
    I guees he means junior league - there is Merkaz team.

How they can play more games than 8? If there were youth in Israel league....But youth need to be paid and trained in order to play...
    I never got paid to play? And I still wanted to be on the ice as much as possible.
    Youth should get into the game because they love the game, not because they think it would be an interesting part-time job.

IHF Member
    Full Name: HC Rishon Devils

Colours whit end red.

Year of foundation: 2000

Establishment country: Israel

Homepage: http://rishondevils.hockey.co.il/ you see the logo Maybe someone can put the logo on the site.!!!!! :)

E-Mail: Unknown

Members: 250

Players of Rishon Devils
    Aronov Alex
    Cooper Sean
    Derfler Yam
    Fireman Idan
    Kaminsky Bar
    Karasin Gabriel
    Kozodoy Baruch
    Kuznitzov German
    Nosankov Vlad
    Sasson Assaf
    Toren Ido
    Treibochan Idan
    Youmashev Jan

The Rishon Devils are a roller hockey club.....they may play the odd ice hockey game, but not in the Israeli ice hockey league.

They compete in the Israeli roller hockey league.

Which is the format of league? Overtime, penalties if there are draws?
    3 or 2 points per victory?

27/10

So, the new season has started.

Rishon - Bat Yam 5:0

Maalot - Haifa 1:8

Quote Originally Posted by Québecois
    Which is the format of league? Overtime, penalties if there are draws?
    I havn't any idea. Last season, for example, there were no a single tie...

3 or 2 points per victory?
    2 points.

P.S. Marc is absolutelly right about Rishon Devils and Rowan is not - it's inline hockey team...

P.P.S. There is new forward in Haifa - Lorent Kats - look the roster above..

IHF Member

rhison

Atre ther 2 Rhison one for inlinehockey and one for icehockey?

:)

Rowan, as far as I know, they are two completely different clubs.

according to fixtures posted here, some others games were played in Israeli league....
    Results?

according to fixtures posted here, some others games were played in Israeli league....
    Results?
    Right, right...But unfortunately there is no any results on any site... :shakehead

Despite of the fact that games have been played (I saw a photos on one site, but withou final results). Hopefully, David can help or somebody will finally update his site...

IHF Member
    Bat Yam 8 Maalot 4

Metula 3 Haifa 1 game was called in the middle of the 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Talavneri
    Bat Yam 8 Maalot 4

Metula 3 Haifa 1 game was called in the middle of the 2nd
    1) Why???

2) It's already games from the third round...Do you know something about the second?

Tal, nice to see you on the site again. Who are you currently playing for?

I almost fell out of my seat when I saw that Bat Yam won a game - are you sure you don't mean Rishon le Zion (formerly Bat Yam II)???? LOL

IHF Member

hey

ya hey nice to here from you also yes im in israel right now im playing for reshion i guess i thought we were bat yam but yes formally bat yam 2 i was in elmira skating with the jackels for a few weeks then got cut a lil before the season started due to inexperence so i came to israel ( my family lives here) and i started playing with avishy on the bat yam 2 team but also just recently signed to play in the austrlain hockey leauge from may to september so that should be a good summer and avishy might also come play but for now im here in israel for the year playing in the leauge ill try and take as many pictures for you guys of all the games becasue i know yall always talk about the leauge and want to know whats going on so if you ever need to knwo anything feel free to ask me on here or email me at talavneri@yahoo.com nice to here from you
    tal

Thanks Tal.......it's tougher to follow the league this season, as the Jerusalem Post doesn't seem to give the same coverage as last year.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

How do you find the level of play in the Israeli League compared to last year?

When you played for the Dallas Titans, was that Junior A or Junior B? How would you compare the level of the Rishon team to the Dallas Titans team?

Thanks in advance!

IHF Member

leauge

well first of all me and avishy spoke with the j post and they got a new editor who does not want to write about the israeli hockey so thats why they stoped doing that however me and avishy and a few others have been writing to the j post to try and convince them that people want to read about it but not having much luck. as for the level of play from last yr i dont k now i didn t not play any games last yr in israel but the yr befor last i played a few games with metula and it was pretty much the same metula has gotten better since two yrs ago and as for this yr its pretty much the same exept for metulla is a lil odler and better than they were but id say they are at a migdet A level give or take a few players here and there. and to give you an example of the rishon team that me and avishy play for we have played two games in the leauge so far and scored maybe 15 or 16 goals and avishy and I have scored 12 of those goals. and from what avishy tells me he had done most of the scoring in the past seasons for the team. as for last yr when i playd with the titans we were a junior b team that played in the WSHL (western states hockey leauge) and also played a side schedule with junior A teams ( we played santa fe, and whitchita falls) a few times and were just under 500 in those games and if my titans team from last yr played the rishon team not to be rude but the truth is the score would be 30-0 only becasue there is very very little checking, passing, etc... in the israeli leauge our team and every junior team has brake outs, plays, and stuff we draw up in practice, we hit and fight and none of that takes place in the leauge its just guys going out there make a pass or two and they shot but if we played the national team it would be a good game nice talking to you let me know if you guys want to know anything else thank you
    tal

Once again, Tal, thanks for the information!

What do you think the Israeli league needs to do to improve its caliber of play? Who coaches the teams?

I'm surprised to hear that there is almost no checking.

You might be surprised to hear that the Israeli Junior team (basically the Metula team in the Israeli League) played a very competitive game against a Midget AAA Canadian team recently (Nepean Raiders); it was actually very close through 40 minutes before Nepean pulled away in the third period. So a 30-0 estimate against the Titans is probably a little harsh...LOL

I assume the goaltending in the league is OK, since Haifa has Amromin, who plays for the national team, and Bat Yam (even though they are an awful team skill-wise) has Evgeni Gussin, who is the national team starter. How is Rishon's goaltending?

Thanks for all of your information; we love having you participate on this site. Good luck this year and keep us updated!

You might be surprised to hear that the Israeli Junior team (basically the Metula team in the Israeli League) played a very competitive game against a Midget AAA Canadian team recently (Nepean Raiders); it was actually very close through 40 minutes before Nepean pulled away in the third period. So a 30-0 estimate against the Titans is probably a little harsh...LOL
    For the record, it was Midget AA. Nepean calls it "A", but it's really a "AA" level (our version of "A" is "B", go figure).

I was there, and yes, it was a pretty solid game through two periods. Nemenoff played quite well, made some good saves (my father, who's been a goalie for 40 years, was rather impressed) and Ehrlich was by far the best player on the ice. The problem with Ehrlich is that he needs to learn to trust his linemates. I can probably count on my 10 fingers the number of times he passed, and then 90% of those were to the next-best player on the Israeli team.
    The score was tied going into the third period, but then Nepean stepped it up and eventually buried the Israeli team. The main cause for this I think is the fact that Nepean rolled all 4 lines, whereas Israel mainly played two lines (their third line got probably 5 minutes out of the game, tops). Still, a good test for a predominantly-bantam-age team against a team that is an age group higher.

Thanks for the clarification, Steigs.

Midget AA is around the equivalent of U.S. low Junior B, whereas Canadian Midget AAA teams are certainly as good as what the U.S. refers to as Junior B.

Thanks for the clarification, Steigs.

Midget AA is around the equivalent of U.S. low Junior B, whereas Canadian Midget AAA teams are certainly as good as what the U.S. refers to as Junior B.
    I'd put Canadian Midget AA as Junior "C". AAA as low-Jr"B".
    The fact with these kids is that they're in the low end of the junior-hockey age bracket, but once they've gotten too old to play midget, they're usually good enough to play JrB or JrC. AAA kids can sometimes be good enough to make a Junior A team as well.

For a bantam rep team to compete for two periods with a Midget AA squad is still pretty impressive, even in Canada. With that kind of tenacity, I can definitely see how the Israelis smashed the bantam teams they went up against.

Again, the main downfall of the team was the lack of depth. The first line was competitive at a Midget AA level (they'd probably fit as a second-line in Midget AAA, which is saying something!). The second line for Israel was an equivalent AA third line. The third line was roughly equal, maybe a AA fourth line/A first line, but more likely a Midget A second or third line.
    The rest of the kids were house-league caliber, and didn't play in the game. You could tell that some of them had only been playing for a season, maybe two.
    On that note, good on Israeli hockey for getting people into the game and getting them trained up to the level that some of them are, but there's still room for a lot of growing of the sport in Israel.

IHF Member

marc

hey marc thanks for the reply i think really there are few things things the leauge can do to improve but the one thing that would increase the leauge 10 folled but just hacving another rink in the center that alone will give everyteam a chance to at least have one or two or even 3 practices per week with a game right now teams are skating one or two times a month and those are the games no one gets a chance to practice so there NEEDS to be another rink. as for checking in the leauge there is checking just people dont really know how to check as they more hit with there knees and legs only becasue they dont know how to no one really teaches or shows them how they just watch the very few nhl games we get on tv here and go from what they see but all this comes with getting a new rink because no one will drive 3 or 4 hours every day or once or 2 times a week to have practices we have the people to do it just not a a place to but hopefully soon we will. and as for the people who coach the teams metulla is coached by boris mindel, out team rishon is coached by alex kovalaves uncle who played in russia. hiafa is does not have a coach, and neither does maalot. and the bat yam 2 teams is coached by gussion who is there tender.
    let me know if there ius anything else thanks and do you know if people have had a chance to see the pictures i have put up thanks
    tal

Tal, thanks for the info. But it will be great if you can provide to us all results from previous rounds. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Piligrim_O
    All Israel Hockey Leagues Stats
    New statistics site. Welcome!

Icebergs TV
    Online video streams from games
    Mods can we move these to the links thread?

Piligrim: Welcome to the board, and thank you for the links! Please tell us, how did you find the messageboard, and what is your relation to ice hockey in Israel?

Quote Originally Posted by Steigs
    How did you find the messageboard, and what is your relation to ice hockey in Israel?
    I hockey player and Icebergs hockey team coach.

So, due to Piligrim efforts, here is the results of past rounds:

Bat-Yam - Haifa Hawks 1:7

Metula - Maalot 5:1

Metula - Haifa Hawks 3:1

Rishon Devils - Maalot 7:4
    Last edited by Aldair; 20-12-2006 at 21:53.

Correction:

Rishon le Zion 7, Maalot 4

Rishon Devils are an inline hockey team, unless the ice team also now uses the name.

Correction:

Rishon le Zion 7, Maalot 4

Rishon Devils are an inline hockey team, unless the ice team also now uses the name.
    Well, the ice hockey team use the same name. Moreover, seems that Bat Yam also got the name: Piranhas :)

Couldn't they have picked a better name than the DEVILS???!!!! :)

This Rangers fan thinks so......

Couldn't they have picked a better name than the DEVILS???!!!! :)

This Rangers fan thinks so......
    hey, at least they aren't calling themselves the Leafs.

That would be more respectable.

Bah. Leave it up to a New Yorker to not understand the important things. :shakehead

They should have just called themselves Jokerit Rishon, and everyone would be good :cool:

Scores from December 1, 2006:

METULA 5, RISHON DEVILS 2 :scratchhe

MAALOT 9, BAT YAM 2
    Last edited by Aldair; 20-12-2006 at 21:54.

IHF Member
    hey marc and everyone else i have new pics from friday nights game of maalot and batyam i played in the first game devils vs metula and we had to play the game on the very very little rink they have closed the big rink, we played 4 on 4 when the rink was made for a 2 on 2 game way way to croweded to play any kind of hockey metula just creamed us they just shot the puck from anywhere and shots went in avishy was not at the game he is out of town i played and we had barly two lines there as metula had there entire team they played good. i also have video of the 2nd game but dont know how to post them up if anyone can help with this let me know so i can post them.

Tal, looking forward to the pics and the video.

Why is the big rink closed?

I've seen the little rink - it's ridiculously small. Tough to play real hockey on that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information