Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Croatia - transfers and domestic team news

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreone Shoelaces View Post
    This has nothing to do with NT.
    Team Zagreb has a lot to do with NT. It's existence Team Zagreb owes to NT project, doesn't it? When that project fell down (loss to Romania) it's obvious that one day later Team Zagreb project is considered as one of the reasons for result failure.
    Team Zagreb was a good thing for this NT, it brought many good things and meant much to players who played for it. The reason for failure wasn't Team Zagreb definitely.
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

Might be Team Zagreb would split back to three clubs, each playing in Slohokej Liga? That might hold the league's strength a bit if the two top clubs leave?

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pršljen View Post
    Team Zagreb has a lot to do with NT. It's existence Team Zagreb owes to NT project, doesn't it? When that project fell down (loss to Romania) it's obvious that one day later Team Zagreb project is considered as one of the reasons for result failure.
    Team Zagreb was a good thing for this NT, it brought many good things and meant much to players who played for it. The reason for failure wasn't Team Zagreb definitely.
    Team Zagreb failed when they failed to take in players who competed whole season in favor of selected few.

Team Zagreb failed way back, when they didn't give scholarship or any compensation to players, and yet they expected commitment.

Boo fucking hoo.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steigs View Post
    Might be Team Zagreb would split back to three clubs, each playing in Slohokej Liga? That might hold the league's strength a bit if the two top clubs leave?
    Think of it like this, when Medveščak sent their players to TZG (Košelj, Rajsar, Jakopič), everyone said, that they're using the TZG selection as private.

If they do go on and want to have a "farm team" of young players playing both in Slohokej and Croatian champs + up/down with EBEL squad.

And if Mladost/Zagreb don't wanna compete in as separate clubs, they can always decide and lend few players to another club as "loan" for certain championship.

Or that is what I would do, if I were in charge.

Firstly, Team Zagreb was composed from players from three clubs (90% Mladost and Medveščak) and only two players from Zagreb.
    Secondly, Croatia can barely afford one club in Slohokej, no way they can afford three. Mladost gave up from playing it two seasons ago because they had no money for it. One more reason, Croatia (Zagreb actually) has only two indoor ice rinks. There was a big problem this seasons with trainings schedule. Imagine that, instead of one (Team Zagreb) three clubs needed time on ice for trainings. It's impossible for Croatia to afford that, not with this infrastructure, player base and finances.

@ Tyreone
    mind your tune for a little bit, please. Your comments are full of arrogance and bad words, interestingly especially when you talk to me. I have a question for you, what would be with our NT without Team Zagreb? If players from Mladost didn't get a chance to compete anywhere beside Croatian league, if only Medveščak II participated in Slohokej, then they wouldn't fit good in the NT. It wasn't perfect project, it had it's weaknesses but it would be mistake if that project would collapse because of failure on this WC.
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

IHF Member
    Croatia can afford three clubs in Slohokej, just people need to work on it.
    Two were and are a reality though, and were for many many years.

Last year, Mladost participated in Slohokej. M2 as well. So if you add 2 more players from Zagreb that weren't even on NT long list, how is that different to this year?

Don't be blind. NT is a national project like TZG - needs to be funded and taken care by National association. If a single team wants and actually needs to work and compete alone (eg. M2) it has its own right.

You, and many more, also mentioned in the past, that Mdv (who payed for the bus and few more expenses if I'm right) had no right to put in players like Krošelj, Rajsar or Jakopič in it.

World Cup, National team or Team Zagreb (an artificial team) are not a responsibility of a single team.

Neither is this about not winning gold on World Champs2011.

And its not about you at all, crybaby.

IHF Member
    Mladost gave up from playing it two seasons ago because they had no money for it.
    They had money, just chose not to play Slohokej. Besides do you know whats an entry fee for Slohokej?

One more reason, Croatia (Zagreb actually) has only two indoor ice rinks. There was a big problem this seasons with trainings schedule. Imagine that, instead of one (Team Zagreb) three clubs needed time on ice for trainings. It's impossible for Croatia to afford that, not with this infrastructure, player base and finances.
    What, senior teams don't need ice time? Aren't Zagreb, Mladost and Medvescak teams that compete in Croatian Champs enough? Jeesus, you sound like you lost it dude.

season 2009/10, Mladost and Medvescak played Slohokej, and besides that Medvescak started with EBEL - it was a long time since Zagreb had so much ice time in Dom sportova.

season 2010/11 Team Zagreb competes in Slohokej, Medveščak plays EBEL.
    There are no ice time issues. Everything is basically the same, just 50% less Slohokej games in Zagreb since this time only 1 team competes, not two.

Season 2011/12 ??

Are you reading what nonsense are you spitting out?

They had money, just chose not to play Slohokej. Besides do you know whats an entry fee for Slohokej?

What, senior teams don't need ice time? Aren't Zagreb, Mladost and Medvescak teams that compete in Croatian Champs enough? Jeesus, you sound like you lost it dude.

season 2009/10, Mladost and Medvescak played Slohokej, and besides that Medvescak started with EBEL - it was a long time since Zagreb had so much ice time in Dom sportova.

season 2010/11 Team Zagreb competes in Slohokej, Medveščak plays EBEL.
    There are no ice time issues. Everything is basically the same, just 50% less Slohokej games in Zagreb since this time only 1 team competes, not two.

Season 2011/12 ??

Are you reading what nonsense are you spitting out?
    You just proved what I mentioned earlier with this bolded sentences. This is the last time I'm talking with you when you act like this and use this kind of language.

If you think that Croatia can afford three clubs in Slohokej league and be competitive there...it's your right but I can't agree with that. Looking from financial aspect, those club can barely afford themselves to travel to Sisak on league games.
    In 2009/2010 Zagreb senior team didn't existed before the start of the national league which was in January if I remember correctly. Same thing last season.
    And who says that there wasn't ice time problems? Our woman NT couldn't afford more than two (I think) trainings per week and even that after 23:00. Who says that junior and senior teams in Croatia didn't want to have more time on ice this season.
    You're also forgetting that Team Zagreb is not just senior project, it's also U18 and U16 project. U18 wasn't so successful but U16 definitely was. If Team Zagreb would be canceled all categories should be canceled. That would be big mistake to do.
    You say that there aren't problems with ice time in city with two indoor ice rinks....unbelievable.

End of discussion for me.

IHF Member
    Croatia can afford 3 clubs, and two are reality, and have been like that for years.

Female NT got their ice time, they could have demanded more, as a hockey club, but didn't, don't talk nonsense.

There is another problem if some club WANTS MORE FREE ice time, regardless of what FREE ICE TIME they get.

U18 and u16 aren't competing in Slohokej championship, and thats what we are discussing. Stay on topic mosquito.

What, crybaby got mad because his arguments are bad and called shit?

Croatia can afford 3 clubs, and two are reality, and have been like that for years.

Female NT got their ice time, they could have demanded more, as a hockey club, but didn't, don't talk nonsense.

There is another problem if some club WANTS MORE FREE ice time, regardless of what FREE ICE TIME they get.

U18 and u16 aren't competing in Slohokej championship, and thats what we are discussing. Stay on topic mosquito.

What, crybaby got mad because his arguments are bad and called shit?

You could slow down your arrogance a little bit. Just several months back you didn't know what is OHL ! literally !
    2011/2012. - 50th Anniversary of KHL Medveščak Zagreb !

I took this Drax's quote from another thread

Finally, Medveščak wann't participate in the Nationalliga. It isn't going to participate in the Slohokej league either. Apparently, money is short and Medveščak's president is cutting expenses wherever he can. This is extremely bad news because it means that Gojanović is paying the most of the expenses while sponsors are actually very slow in fullfilling their obligations. If such club that has full house almost every game and good ratings on the national TV can't find few good sponsors then professional hockey in the country is doomed in few years, unless economical situation drastically improves.

If that's happens we are in big trouble...first NT players like Senzel, Šijan, Trstenjak, Lovrencic younger, Lazic, Zibret won't have proper league to play. Ok, 18 games in Cro league, but six of those are against Sisak

Second - U20 NT players as well will play less games prior to D1 in December. I hope Team Zagreb will continue to play in Slovenian youth leagues (U19, U16) so players can stay in game shape prior to WJC.

Worst case scenario...if Medvescak won't be able to continue play in EBEL we are in DEEP s**** and we will be happy if we will be in first three teams in D2 A at senior level in the future. If comes to this scenario, neither our youngsters that plays abroad will save us, because it is very questionable who, from all of them, will get contract somewhere abroad when they finish their junior probation.
    Last edited by Spitfire; 17-05-2011 at 23:12.

IHF Member
    Mladost is planning to play in Slohokej league and some of its former players are already planning to return to its native club. On the other hand, players like Belić, Žibret or Švigir wouldn't exactly be missed anyway. Croatian league seems just fit for their performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Drax View Post
    Mladost is planning to play in Slohokej league and some of its former players are already planning to return to its native club. On the other hand, players like Belić, Žibret or Švigir wouldn't exactly be missed anyway. Croatian league seems just fit for their performance.
    Mladost can setup really good team for Slohokej liga. I expect them to get back Vanja Belic, Niksa Trstenjak, Mario Cunko, woudn't be suprised if they sign Mario Sertic, because he is too "old" (because of point system) for EBEL, but too good to waste time only in Croatian league.

Only question is: Will Mladost finaly bring FOREGIN coach ? someone who will bring freshness, as players are probably sick of current coach just as coach is sick of them. The fact that he doesn't have any authority over players is already aged.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
    Mladost can setup really good team for Slohokej liga. I expect them to get back Vanja Belic, Niksa Trstenjak, Mario Cunko, woudn't be suprised if they sign Mario Sertic, because he is too "old" (because of point system) for EBEL, but too good to waste time only in Croatian league.

Only question is: Will Mladost finaly bring FOREGIN coach ? someone who will bring freshness, as players are probably sick of current coach just as coach is sick of them. The fact that he doesn't have any authority over players is already aged.

Maybe after a season in KHL Zagreb, alongside Tomislav Grozaj
    If point system changes for u24 players he is not too old.Yet, it doesn´t guarantee him a place on ice
    Games from Croatia live at :

http://www.icedominator.posavec.com.hr/

Quote Originally Posted by Dompa View Post
    Maybe after a season in KHL Zagreb, alongside Tomislav Grozaj
    If point system changes for u24 players he is not too old.Yet, it doesn´t guarantee him a place on ice
    Are those moves official ?

Is there any other transfers ?

IHF Prospect
    Not official yet, but very certain.
    Lets be patient for a few days. Everything will be known by the end of the next week

Are those moves official ?

Yes, they are

Is there any other transfers ?
    OK, the players don´t have green light yet to change to new clubs, but

Nikša Trstenjak ,
    Hrvoje Božić and Mario Čunko are going from Medveščak
    to Mladost

Quote Originally Posted by Dompa View Post
    OK, the players don´t have green light yet to change to new clubs, but

Nikša Trstenjak ,
    Hrvoje Božić and Mario Čunko are going from Medveščak
    to Mladost

I also heard from very close source that both Lovrencic's are going to Zagreb. If that is true, and with departure of Belic Vanja, Trstenjak, Bozic and Cunko + possible retirement of Zibret and Svigir, it looks like that Medvescak will be better only than Sisak in upcoming season.

I also heard from very close source that both Lovrencic's are going to Zagreb. If that is true, and with departure of Belic Vanja, Trstenjak, Bozic and Cunko + possible retirement of Zibret and Svigir, it looks like that Medvescak will be better only than Sisak in upcoming season.

Yes, I´ve heard that also, but theirs request didn´t came (yet). Nor did Igor Lazić´s.

Marko is not leaving Medvescak.

I don't know if this is correct topic, but as I saw Chrovatsko in text I decided to put it here.

http://hokej.idnes.cz/hokejovy-balka...858_evropa_rou

Can some czech-slovak member translate this and tell us what is this article about ? :)

I don't know if this is correct topic, but as I saw Chrovatsko in text I decided to put it here.

http://hokej.idnes.cz/hokejovy-balka...858_evropa_rou

Can some czech-slovak member translate this and tell us what is this article about ? :)
    It is about Croatia (or also about Croatia should I say) and sounds like really great news for hockey in the Balkans if true, I translated the article:

Hockey Balkan is comming together, nine countries created a union

Common efforts to develop hockey in the Balkan region and its neighboorhood. Such is the main motto of the newly created Balkan hockey union, which was founded by nine countries: Romania, Serbia, Bosnia and Hecergovina, FYROM, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Croatia and Slovenia with the support of the IIHF.

These initiative started last year in April, when officials from Romania, Serbia and Bosnia and Hercegovina started talking about clsoer cooperation. Gradually other countries started joining. They agreed that the seat of the union will be in Sarajevo.

In October Balkan Challenge Cup for U16 players will take place in Serbia, where teams will be divided into two groups based on performance. In next years this tournament should be also played in Turkey, Croatia and Romania. Starting 2015 the U20 teams should have their tournament as well, the first one should be hosted by Greece.

Already in autumn a Balkan league will start. In the elite group teams from Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, FYROM and Bosnia and Hecergovina will start. Teams from Turkey, Bulgaria and Greece will create the 2nd group. The Romanians will not start in this competition for now as their teams play a common league with Hungarian teams.

Idea about so called Balkan league is pretty unrealistic at this moment. Hockey in those countries is totally polarized; Croatia and Serbia are on much higher level than B&H, Bulgaria or Macedonia. Travel costs are way too much for those hockey teams. They should invest in further development primary and after that play in some competitions. It would be better to play some tournaments than any kind of regular league. There's no sense in it. Maybe in future years but now not.

Banned
    Idea about so called Balkan league is pretty unrealistic at this moment. Hockey in those countries is totally polarized; Croatia and Serbia are on much higher level than B&H, Bulgaria or Macedonia. Travel costs are way too much for those hockey teams. They should invest in further development primary and after that play in some competitions. It would be better to play some tournaments than any kind of regular league. There's no sense in it. Maybe in future years but now not.
    Serbia has only one team that's any good. It has monopolized the talent. So, serbia can technically have 3 or 4 teams on par with say a team from sarajevo, one from skopje. Throw in Sisak and Karlovac, and there we go.

Quote Originally Posted by woppa View Post
    Serbia has only one team that's any good. It has monopolized the talent. So, serbia can technically have 3 or 4 teams on par with say a team from sarajevo, one from skopje. Throw in Sisak and Karlovac, and there we go.
    On play station maybe, in real life not.
    Stop throwing this kind of stupid ideas, you know very well it's impossible.

Sisak - Skopje is an 8 hour ride. And as much as I would like Sisak has somebody to play with (equal strength) it would be a league like San Marino, Liechtenstein, Andorra, Luxembourg, Malta and Faroe Islands play a qualifying group for EURO in football. It would be great for them, to have an opportunity to win some games, and not to lose 99% of their games, but
    a) who would watch these games
    b) who would pay for expenses
    c) who would get any better in that low quality

Banned
    Well hey, they already organize some stuff...

A league...
    http://www.hrsport.net/vijesti/40924...ga-u-hrvatskoj

Vukovar holds a tournament each year... http://www.vukovar.hr/index.php/spor...-vukovaru.html

Slavonian league...
    http://www.uoos.hr/Kune/?p=121

Well hey, they already organize some stuff...

A league...
    http://www.hrsport.net/vijesti/40924...ga-u-hrvatskoj

Vukovar holds a tournament each year... http://www.vukovar.hr/index.php/spor...-vukovaru.html

Slavonian league...
    http://www.uoos.hr/Kune/?p=121
    Who they? Skopje, Karlovac, Sisak...

Of course not. Only three amateur clubs from Slavonija which are all in circle of 200km.

PLEASE, don't act like stupid. You are very well aware of the situation in things that you're talking about so don't try to ask questions and bother others to answer you. It's not funny at all.

IHF Member
    :)))

One year amatuers - next year's enterpreneurs - in two years they have their own ice and kids.

IHF Member
    You have no any glue about serbian hockey and the level of the play there - comparing with bosnian teams for example.

Serbian teams (apart from Partizan) played in different leagues in Hungary which had much higher level than the bosnian teams. HK Bosna played exhibition game against the 9th team of a beer league in Hungary, well below the level of the OB I/B (Spartak) or the Junior league (Zvezda).

Quote Originally Posted by kerusz View Post
    HK Bosna played exhibition game against the 9th team of a beer league in Hungary
    When???

IHF Member
    When???
    Sorry, Ilidja

Banned
    PLEASE, don't act like stupid. You are very well aware of the situation in things that you're talking about so don't try to ask questions and bother others to answer you. It's not funny at all.
    We see people with limited resources doing what they can to organize and play. I gave you links and you have nothing to say to that.

You have no any glue about serbian hockey and the level of the play there - comparing with bosnian teams for example.

Serbian teams (apart from Partizan) played in different leagues in Hungary which had much higher level than the bosnian teams. HK Bosna played exhibition game against the 9th team of a beer league in Hungary, well below the level of the OB I/B (Spartak) or the Junior league (Zvezda).
    Serbian hockey is in a big mess. It looks like Spartak won't even have a senior team next season. Vojvodina is on the edge of bankruptcy. Zvezda... they're barely alive as well.

If all the clubs in bosnia comabine, they could make a team sarajevo or something like that. They could probably be able to play a decent game.

We see people with limited resources doing what they can to organize and play. I gave you links and you have nothing to say to that.
    Like I don't know anything about that and like links will tell me something I didn't know!

You don't understand that those guys are amateurs and aren't interested in any kind of professionalism or professional competition. They are fully amateur (they even pay their equipment and their travels themselves) clubs with only great passion for the game and great spirit that helps them organize those kinds of tournaments and games.

Even if they would want that, who will pay for it? We're talking about Croatian hockey here. Croatian hockey that's not Medveščak and EBEL.

It's easy to say: you have three teams in Croatia, Bosnia can afford one, Skopje too, Serbia has few teams too so let's play a league...

But IT'S NOT easy to make it reality.

...and definitely a wrong topic

IHF Member
    not like anyone would care even in a right topic

not like anyone would care even in a right topic
    Don't care? Don't read and don't comment then.

Simple as that.

And it's not so much off topic talking about possibility of Croatian amateur teams joining some official competition like so called Balkan league.

IHF Member
    weren't we talking about your bosnians?!?

No, not about "my" Bosnians. Read again.

IHF Member
    There are rumours of an incentive and will to create a new club in Delnice.

we'll see

There are rumours of an incentive and will to create a new club in Delnice.

we'll see

It would be great to see. Would that include a rink there as well? (Preferably an indoor one that would actually allow the game to truly grow outside of the capital)

It would be great to see. Would that include a rink there as well? (Preferably an indoor one that would actually allow the game to truly grow outside of the capital)
    Well, there is a rink (indoor) already ;)

Actually it is smth like half-indoor, but bottom line is that games can be played no matter on weather conditions.

http://www.hockeyarenas.net/index.ph...ze=0&arID=2601

Rink was opened in March 2009.
    Last edited by Spitfire; 17-07-2011 at 19:31.

IHF Member

there've even be tournametns and skirmish games there a few times since 2009

After he and Olimpija couldn't agree on contract, John Hecimovic is currently training with KHL Mladost
    2011/2012. - 50th Anniversary of KHL Medveščak Zagreb !

IHF Member
    Tomislav Šulevski from Medveščak to Mladost

Igor Jačmenjak to Turkey!!

http://www.khl-sisak.hr/

Official site of KHL Sisak.

Good news from the club are that they, for the first time, participated on international tournament of hockey schools in Zagreb (U10). They played 12 games there. They also participated in many various tournaments in Croatia where they played against KHL Zagreb, KHL Medveščak, KHL Mladost and KHL Karlovac.

KHL Karlovac is newcomer in this category and they participated on few tournaments this season where they had pretty good results. One tournament was even held in Karlovac, on their own ice rink.

Senior team of KHL Karlovac is also active this season, they played two friendly games so far, both of them in Karlovac - one against KHL Sisak (lost 9:6) and one against Bee Team from Maribor, Slovenia (lost 9:2).

Tournaments for amateur hockey clubs this season were held so far in Osijek and Varaždin while tournament in Vukovar is yet to be held.

well...
    it should be said that young Robert Cerovečki after he turns 18 is back to his mother club.
    He scored yesterday his first goal in this seasons Croatian Championship

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information