Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Israeli Hockey 2005/06 - Results and Standings

IHF Member

Israel Israeli Hockey 2005/06 - Results and Standings

What i have heard is that the season started in October.

With: Metulla, Bat Yam, Haifa,Maccabi Lod now Hapoel and Maalot.
    Who knows more of it?

I look also for :) team pictures.

Friday 04.11.2005 was the opener night for Israeli 2005-06 hockey league: two matches were played at Canada Center in Metulla:

Bat Yam II - Bat Yam I 10-1
    Scorers:
    Bat Yam II: Avishai Geller 3, Alexander Golubovich 2, Marek Lebedev 5
    Bat Yam I: Sergei Levine
    SOG: 38-12

Haifa Hawks - HC Ma'alot 8-2
    Scorers: Artium Korotin (OG), Alex Kuzmyenko
    Haifa: Eddy Ravniaga 3, Artium Korotin, Alexander Stolyar, Vladimir Shipinsky, Nikolay Kolomiza, Dmitry Rosenman
    SOG: 33-23

Report of first night from Jerusalem Post

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Québecois
    Friday 04.11.2005 was the opener night for Israeli 2005-06 hockey league: two matches were played at Canada Center in Metulla:

Bat Yam II - Bat Yam I 10-1
    Scorers:
    Bat Yam II: Avishai Geller 3, Alexander Golubovich 2, Marek Lebedev 5
    Bat Yam I: Sergei Levine
    SOG: 38-12

Haifa Hawks - HC Ma'alot 8-2
    Scorers: Artium Korotin (OG), Alex Kuzmyenko
    Haifa: Eddy Ravniaga 3, Artium Korotin, Alexander Stolyar, Vladimir Shipinsky, Nikolay Kolomiza, Dmitry Rosenman
    SOG: 33-23

Report of first night from Jerusalem Post

.... well, the score "Team 2" vs "Team 1" makes sense...... :scratchhe
    Cheers, Franco

18.11 games

HC Ma'alot - Bet Yam I 11-1
    Scorers:
    Ma'alot: Slava Marchansky 5, Slava Golodnitsky 3, Vlad Kosolopov 2, Alex Kuzmenkov
    Bet Yam: Roman Gutkin
    SOG: 55-11

Bet Yam II - HC Metulla 6-3 (3-2,1-0,2-1)
    Scorers:
    Metulla:Anton Solokhov, Ivan Maklakov, Michael Horowitz
    Bet Yam:Avishai Geller 3, Alexander Golobovich, Marek Lebedev, Eddy Tokar,
    SOG:32-31
    Last edited by Davide; 02-12-2005 at 19:52.

IHF Member

results 2 december 2005

Bat Yam 1-Maalot 4-1
    Metulla-Haifa Hawks 0-3

1. Bat-Yam 1 3 3 0 0 20 5 6 15
    2. HC Hawks (Haifa) 2 2 0 0 11 2 4 9 :)
    3. HC Maalot 3 1 2 0 14 13 2 1
    4. Metulla 2 0 2 0 3 9 0 -6
    5. Bat-Yam 2 2 0 2 0 2 21 0 -19
    Last edited by Davide; 07-12-2005 at 10:29.

Games held on 12-16-05:

Haifa Hawks 12, Bat Yam-I 0

Metulla 8, Maalot 3

With only 5 teams, it's easy to see how this league is shaping up. Bat Yam-II (formerly called Maccabi Lod) and Haifa are the class of the league, with Metulla (basically the Israeli Junior Team) occupying the middle, and Maalot and Bat Yam-I taking up the bottom level.

For those unfamiliar with the Israeli league, it's amateur, and overall is probably comparable to Junior-B or very weak intercollegiate club level.

The Israeli Junior team got crushed by the Florida Jr. Panthers. The score was either 8-2 or 9-2, can't quite remember.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber
    Games held on 12-16-05:

Metulla 8, Maalot 3

With only 5 teams, it's easy to see how this league is shaping up. Bat Yam-II (formerly called Maccabi Lod) and Haifa are the class of the league, with Metulla (basically the Israeli Junior Team) occupying the middle, and Maalot and Bat Yam-I taking up the bottom level.

For those unfamiliar with the Israeli league, it's amateur, and overall is probably comparable to Junior-B or very weak intercollegiate club level.

The Israeli Junior team got crushed by the Florida Jr. Panthers. The score was either 8-2 or 9-2, can't quite remember.
    Hi Marc and welcome in this Forum,

why you're so good informed about Israel ice hockey? That's great for us! :023:

Enjoy the Forum and have a good time,
    Cheers, Franco

IHF Member
    Games held on 12-16-05:

Metulla 8, Maalot 3

Marc,

another question. Did they changed the schedule? The planned games from 16.12. where:

16.12.05 Metulla: HC Maalot - HC Bat-Yam "1"
    16.12.05 Metulla: HC Bat-Yam "2" - HC Metulla
    :scratchhe :scratchhe :scratchhe
    Cheers, Franco

Franco - thanks for the welcome. This is a great forum. I posted my initial post over at the 'Welcome' section, and I mentioned that Israeli hockey is of great interest to me; I nearly played in the league in the mid-1990's when the Israeli ice hockey federation was actively seeking Jewish hockey players from basically anywhere, with any skill level - LOL.

I still follow Israeli hockey with great interest, as I am of Jewish faith and a hockey fanatic. I can read a tiny bit of Hebrew, so I can get the scores off of the Haifa Hawks website.

I don't know where you got the schedule that you are mentioning, but I got the schedule and the scores directly from the Haifa Hawks website.

I don't know if you are aware, but Israel has an inline hockey league as well, and most of the Bat Yam-I players are roller players that are trying ice hockey for the first time; thus the lopsided defeats. I believe that the Israeli national team goalie, Evgeni Gussin, plays for Bat Yam-I, but there is little he can do to save them.

Israel's national team is actually pretty decent, but is bolstered with Jewish Canadians who have dual Israeli citizenship. If Israel was forced to play only with native Israelis, they would not have had the same success. This accounts for why Israel's hockey league is so weak, yet its national team gets very good results. Another indicator of this is the fact that the Israeli league teams - using no Jewish Canadians - routinely get crushed in Continental Cup play, whereas Israel's national team made a respectable showing against professional Russian, Belorussian & Austrian teams in August.

Hopefully, as the native Israelis play more and more with the Jewish Canadians on the national team, and play better and better competition, they will get better themselves.

The other problem for the Israeli players and league is the fact that the season only consists of 8 games, with no playoffs. The season, years ago, was 16 games. I think they should play weekly instead of bi-weekly, and have a minimum 20 game season. That would really help. I know of no plans to extend the season, though.

Next games: 12-30-05

Bat Yam-II vs. Haifa (both undefeated going into that game)
    Metulla vs. Bat Yam-I

IHF Member
    Franco - thanks for the welcome. This is a great forum. I posted my initial post over at the 'Welcome' section, and I mentioned that Israeli hockey is of great interest to me; I nearly played in the league in the mid-1990's when the Israeli ice hockey federation was actively seeking Jewish hockey players from basically anywhere, with any skill level - LOL.

I still follow Israeli hockey with great interest, as I am of Jewish faith and a hockey fanatic. I can read a tiny bit of Hebrew, so I can get the scores off of the Haifa Hawks website.

I don't know where you got the schedule that you are mentioning, but I got the schedule and the scores directly from the Haifa Hawks website.

I don't know if you are aware, but Israel has an inline hockey league as well, and most of the Bat Yam-I players are roller players that are trying ice hockey for the first time; thus the lopsided defeats. I believe that the Israeli national team goalie, Evgeni Gussin, plays for Bat Yam-I, but there is little he can do to save them.

Israel's national team is actually pretty decent, but is bolstered with Jewish Canadians who have dual Israeli citizenship. If Israel was forced to play only with native Israelis, they would not have had the same success. This accounts for why Israel's hockey league is so weak, yet its national team gets very good results. Another indicator of this is the fact that the Israeli league teams - using no Jewish Canadians - routinely get crushed in Continental Cup play, whereas Israel's national team made a respectable showing against professional Russian, Belorussian & Austrian teams in August.

Hopefully, as the native Israelis play more and more with the Jewish Canadians on the national team, and play better and better competition, they will get better themselves.

The other problem for the Israeli players and league is the fact that the season only consists of 8 games, with no playoffs. The season, years ago, was 16 games. I think they should play weekly instead of bi-weekly, and have a minimum 20 game season. That would really help. I know of no plans to extend the season, though.
    Shalom Marc,

I saw Israel in Jaca / Spain in 2004 at the Worldchampionship..... well, not a good success for Israel at that year. But last year the turned exactly on 180 degrees. I was realy suprised, that they get in the Div. I. :eek:

That's great, that you can read jewish. So, if some days, they're more israeli ice hockey webpages in the Net, we've a translator :023:

I have had the schedule exactly from the same page as you.... :scratchhe they probably changed the schedule - no problem.

Another question to you: Do you have -maybe - some older finaltables from the earlier years from the israeli national championship? Especially from the season's 93-94, 95-96, 96-97, 97-98, and 99-2000 I do not have a lot....

Could you help maybe? That would be great... :bowdown:

Have a good evening. :drink2:
    Cheers, Franco

I'll try to find the tables, but finding anything with Israeli hockey is a labor of love....it may take a while.

Franco - I can only seem to find the teams that won in the seasons that you are looking for.

1994: Haifa
    1996: Jerusalem Lions
    1997: Jerusalem Capitals
    1998: Maccabi Lod
    2000: Maalot

IHF Member
    Franco - I can only seem to find the teams that won in the seasons that you are looking for.

1994: Haifa
    1996: Jerusalem Lions
    1997: Jerusalem Capitals
    1998: Maccabi Lod
    2000: Maalot
    thanks Marc - I know, it's not easy to find more infos... :023:
    Cheers, Franco

Bat Yam II defeats Haifa 2-1 in battle for 1st place; Metulla tops Bat Yam I 2-1 despite 60 saves from Gussin

JPost.com » Sports » Article

Jan. 1, 2006 3:09 | Updated Jan. 1, 2006 3:27
    Games We Play: Geller stands out as Bat Yam II takes top spot from Haifa
    By LIONEL GAFFEN

In a battle for places to close out the first round of the Israel ice hockey league, both games played at the Canada Center in Metulla on Friday were dominated by the goaltenders, with Metulla beating Bat Yam I and Bat Yam II defeating Haifa, both by narrow 2-1 margins.

The first game had the makings of a laugher, with Metulla coming off an 8-3 victory against a gradually improving Ma'alot team. BYI, meanwhile, had lost every game in the season by more than 10 goals.

However, BYI player/coach and national team goaltender Evgeny Gussin, in an electrifying display of acrobatics against a 60-shot barrage, almost single-handedly subdued the entire Metulla attack.

At the 29 minute mark of the second period, Shalev Nemenoff scored off a dramatic three-way passing play to put Metulla up by one. But approximately one minute later, Roman Gutkin broke in on Eden Nemenoff, and sliced a sharply angled shot past him to even the score.

The final period was the most dramatic, as Metulla swept in on wave after wave of two-on-one and three-on-two breakaways. But Gussin was heroic, thwarting shot after incredible shot, 27 in that period alone.

At the 57 minute mark, Michael Horowitz finally managed a shot that Gussin couldn't completely hold on to, and Yoni Knitor grabbed the rebound to fire it home for the victory.

Asked by The Jerusalem Post how he felt after such a dramatic loss, Gussin replied, "To lose to a much more experienced team like Metulla by such a narrow 2-1 margin, we feel that it was a victory for us."

Prior to the start of game two between Haifa and Bat Yam II, a ceremony was held in honor of the late Alexander Golubovich to which his widow, Lola, was invited.

The matchup decided who would have bragging rights at the end of the calendar year, as both teams entered the contest with perfect 3-0 records.

In a hard-fought first period, Haifa drew first blood when Artium Korotin managed to fire one past Alexander Loginov at the 11 minute point of the opener. Although he was severely tested with thirty shots on goal during the game, Loginov managed to shut them down.

At the beginning of the second period with BYII on a power play due to a penalty, Avishai Geller put a pinpoint pass onto the stick of Edouard Tokar, who fired it past Boris Amromin to tie the score.

Haifa came out with a vengeance in the final period, swarming all over Loginov, but it was BYII's Geller who salted the game away with a goal just four minutes before the game ended.

With a minute to go, Haifa pulled its goalie, adding an extra attacker, in a last ditch effort to tie the score, but Loginov held them off.

"I knew it was going to be a game that would come down to a very close third period, and that our goalie would have to have an outstanding final period," Geller said. "Loginov was simply outstanding, as he came up with a number of point blank shot saves, and a huge glove save."

This link seems to have a small picture showing one of the teams' jerseys, although I cannot tell which team it is, other than that it is not Haifa -

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...=1123495333120

1/3/06: the link doesn't show the picture anymore. :(
    Last edited by Marc Brunengraber; 04-01-2006 at 05:27. Reason: link no longer has picture

Current standings as of 1/3/06:
    (Wins, Losses, Ties - all five teams have played 4 games)

1. Bat Yam-2: 4-0-0
    2. Haifa: 3-1-0
    3. Metulla: 2-2-0
    4. Maalot: 1-3-0
    5. Bat Yam-1: 0-4-0

1/13/06:

Haifa 9, Maalot 4

1/13/06:

Bat Yam-II 18, Bat Yam-I 1

Just brutal.......

From The Jerusalem Post:

Jan. 15, 2006 7:14
    Games We Play: Ice Hockey
    By LIONEL GAFFEN

Haifa crushed Ma'alot 9-4 on Friday in the opening game of a men's senior hockey league double-header at the Canada Center, while Bat Yam II had its way with Bat Yam I in the nightcap.

The Haifa line of national team regulars Eddy Ravniaga, Sergei Belo and Artium Korotin did most of the damage. Ravniaga was the star of the show as he was involved in eight of his team's goals.

Haifa controlled the puck for the better part of the game, but Ma'alot continued to show improvement.

Ravniaga opened the scoring with the first of his four, just before the six-minute mark. Ma'alot managed to hang tough for the next 10 minutes until Korotin fired one past Leonid Zalizniack after a lead in pass from Ravnniaga. With just over a minute remaining in the opening period, Ravniaga tallied again, and then fed Belo for his first goal of the match, seconds before the whistle.

A minute into the second stanza, Vladimir Shopinsky tallied his first of two on a breakaway pass from Ravniaga.

Six minutes later, with Ma'alot putting on all kinds of pressure on the Haifa net, Slava Golodnitsky ended a nifty passing sequence by cracking his first of a hat trick past Boris Amromin. However it was Haifa's Belo that scored again six minutes after that to make it
    6-1 after two stanzas.

Ma'alot took an early penalty at the start of the third, but it was Ravniaga who broke away for a neatly executed shorthanded goal, and less than a minute later, rubbed their noses in it by tallying his fourth.

To its credit, Ma'alot never gave up and continued to pour it on to the very last, getting stronger as the game went on, but couldn't overcome the huge deficit created by Ravniaga, Belo and Shopinsky.

Golodnitsky sliced one home at the 47 minute mark, Alex Kuzmenkov made it 9-3 just two minutes later, and on a powerplay effort at the 55th point, Golodnitsky completed his hat trick.

Vachtang Dinzdada and Zalizniack faced 30 shots, while Amromin had 22 to handle, most of them in the final frame as Ma'alot went on the offensive with increasing regularity.

Ravniaga said afterwards that it was natural for his line to be the team leaders, "as it's the leading line that sets the pace for the team, and all three of us have been on the national team in the past."

Bat Yam II Swamped a beleaguered Bat Yam I 18-1 behind a seven-goal performance by Edouard Tokar. Bat Yam I had the misfortune to be missing the country's top goalie, Evgeny Gussin, who single handedly held off Metulla for a narrow 2-1 loss in the team's last game, despite facing a 60-shot barrage.

While back up goaltender Dima Gromkov also faced nearly 60 shots, he is not Gussin, and the total lack of defensive support combined with a young squad that is not yet able to provide any kind of sustained offense provided a debacle for I once the scoring floodgates opened.

Avishai Geller and Radek Issakaev each scored a hat trick while Marek Lebedev chipped in a pair for the winners. Vitaly Panin, Sergei Ishenko and Vitaly Schwartzman chipped in with one goal each, and Roman Gutkin managed I's lone goal.

The first International Invitational Tournament sponsored by the Friends of Israel Ice Hockey Federation, comprising teams from Canada, the United States and Israel, will take place at the Canada Center in Metulla on January 24-26.

The benefit event will feature non-contact games involving players of both sexes, and the proceeds will go to help the development of the hockey programs in Israel.

Those interested can contact Harry at israelhockey@yahoo.com for further details.

....Those interested can contact Harry at israelhockey@yahoo.com for further details.
    Marc.

I am not sure if you (or anyone else here) is already in contact with anyone involved in the Federation in any capacity. If yes, perhaps you could drop them a line telling them that we have a forum setup on Israeli hockey. They might be able to help in providing more information themselves here, and bring us more members! :003:

I will be happy to email Professor Eizenmann (his three sons are Israeli-Canadian and play for the national team) and let him know! :)

I have a link about israeli league hockey. But not many of you can read it - it's in russian. If somebody wants I can post here the results

http://www.israelsport.info/israhockey0506.php

Quote Originally Posted by aldair1808
    I have a link about israeli league hockey. But not many of you can read it - it's in russian. If somebody wants I can post here the results

http://www.israelsport.info/israhockey0506.php
    Please do!

No problems!

Current standing
    1 Bat -Yam2 5 5 0 0 40-7 +33 10
    2 Haifa 5 4 0 1 33-8 +25 8
    3 Metula 4 2 0 2 13-13 0 4
    4 Maalot 5 1 0 4 21-30 -9 2
    5 Bat-Yam1 5 0 0 5 4-53 -49 0

P.S. 1)There are 4 rounds to go(in all there are 10 rounds; every round consisits two games; so every team play 8 games ) - 27/01, 10/02, 03/03 and the last on 10/03.No playoff.

2)Bat-Yam2 is the former Maccabi Amos Lod

3)It is not professional league, the level is very low.

4)There isn't professional hockey league in Israel at all, and only one real hockey rink in Metula. All games there.

Welcome Aldair! Good to have you here!

I'd say the level of the Israeli league is more or less Junior B level in North America, although Bat Yam-2 might be very low Junior A level, and Bat Yam-1 is no better than any old beer league team.

Aldair - have you been to any games? Can you tell us average attendance? Can you post pictures of the jerseys that the different teams wear? Thanks for any help.

Welcome Aldair! Good to have you here!

I'd say the level of the Israeli league is more or less Junior B level in North America, although Bat Yam-2 might be very low Junior A level, and Bat Yam-1 is no better than any old beer league team.

Aldair - have you been to any games? Can you tell us average attendance? Can you post pictures of the jerseys that the different teams wear? Thanks for any help.
    Hi, Marc and thank you!
    I still can't add any file becouse of my new membership here. But you can find some photos and information on http://www.israel-hockey.com
    I never been on the single game here couse metula is on the North of coutry and it's not easy to reach it ,and also it is far from any more or less big city.
    But I am going to visit the JWC this march and will be able to add some information about it:)

And one more thing. There is the link of Haifa hockey club site.

http://my.area.co.il/view.php?siteid...ge&menuid=7623

Enjoy :) From 18 club's players - 17 from the former USSR :005:

P.S. it's in russian and hebrew only... :087:

P.P.S. Regarding the national league championship fromula.. There are semi- and final games this season: on 31.03 and 14.04
    Last edited by Aldair; 18-01-2006 at 20:40.

Playoffs in the Israeli league! Excellent, it's about time!

IHF Member
    Daniel Bochner, an Israeli international, has signed with the Cape Breton Crush. A semi pro team . First year senior league that is trying to improve the caliber of its play.

Quote Originally Posted by SwissHockeyAcademy
    Daniel Bochner, an Israeli international, has signed with the Cape Breton Crush. A semi pro team . First year senior league that is trying to improve the caliber of its play.
    where he come from (i mean which team)? When signed? Recently or at begin of season?

IHF Member
    He just signed last week, I do not know where he was playing. He played junior A in Ontario the last couple of years. I figured some would know him better on this board.

Israeli League Scores, 1-27-06

Haifa 11, Bat Yam-I 1

Maalot 2, Metulla 1

There is a little mistake in the Marc's message: Haifa - Bat Yam1 11:0, and not 11:1 as Marc writes.(it's appear on the official haifa hockey club site). So, there is a little change in the table: Maalot goes to the 3rd place))

Current standing :

1 Bat -Yam2 5 5 0 0 40-7 +33 10
    2 Haifa 6 5 0 1 44-8 +36 10
    3 Maalot 6 2 0 4 23-31 -8 4
    4 Metula 5 2 0 3 14-15 -1 4
    5 Bat-Yam1 6 0 0 6 4-64 -60 0

Oops.....thanks for the correction, Aldair!

From the Jerusalem Post -

Haifa crushes Bat Yam I
    By LIONEL GAFFEN

Haifa used Bat Yam II's night off to close in on the league lead after dominating Bat Yam I 11-0 at the Canada Center in Metulla on Friday evening.

BY I were defeated in spite of an outstanding performance in the nets by a beleaguered Evgeny Gussin, who faced a 72-shot barrage.

For the first period-and-a-half, Gussin managed to keep Haifa from scoring at will, with only national team veteran Artium Korotin lacing one past him at the 13-minute point of the opening frame, while heading away 22 shots. Unfortunately for Gussin, the game didn't end after the opening period.

Eddy Ravniaga started the scoring for Haifa in the second frame after 11⁄2 minutes with the first of his pair, while Vladimir Shipinsky tallied just two minutes later.

Eitan Sherer beat Gussin at the halfway mark and then shoveled in his second with less than a minute to go in the stanza.

BY I's defense came apart in the final period, as Gussin faced close to 40 shots. Haifa was able to put together more combination pinpoint passing efforts, which left Gussin fending for himself for the most part.

Ravniaga tallied his second at 41:40 from a Korotin pass, and then assisted Korotin with his second at the 45 minute point and Alexander Stolyar less than two minutes later.

Valery Silyutin scored three minutes later and Korotin completed his hat trick with less than one-and-a-half minutes left in the game.

Boris Amromin was hardly tested in the Haifa nets, handling just four shots on goal.

[SHOTS ON GOAL - 72 to 4 !!!!!!!! THAT'S JUST UGLY - M.B.]

Ma'alot 2, Metulla 1

The second match up of the evening had the crowd screaming as continually improving Ma'alot finally managed to eke out a 2-1 win over a feisty Metulla team, that had beaten them by an 8-3 margin in their last encounter.

The opening frame was scoreless, as each team had a number of end-to-end rushes, without being able to finish off their plays, with fine goaltending throughout the match at both ends.

In all, it was a chippy type of game, with a nine penalties being called for tripping and other infractions. But both teams failed to capitalize on their power plays, with Ma'alot having slightly more opportunities, and Eden Nemenoff, between the pipes for Metulla, doing an outstanding job in the first two stanzas.

At the31st minute of play Michael Horowitz swooped in on net with the prettiest individual effort of the evening, deked out two defensemen, and fired the opening goal past a hapless Vachtang Dindzdada, which ended the scoring for the period.

Both teams came out hitting hard in the final third, and finally at 51:31, Slava Marchansky scooped one past replacement goaler Avihu Sorotsky to tie the game and less than three minutes later, tallied the winner. Metulla pulled their net minder with some seconds to go, to no avail.

Ma'alot outshot Metulla 28-16.

[AND FOR THOSE INTERESTED - ABOUT ISRAELI JUNIOR LEAGUE PLAY - M.B.]

Ma'alot, Nahariya draw in junior league

In junior league action on Friday, Ma'alot and Nahariya battled to a 1-1 tie.

In the second game, Metulla waltzed over Bat Yam by a 7-2 margin, with Michael Horowitz from the senior Metulla squad notching five goals.

February 10, 2006:

Bat Yam-II 5, Maalot 3

Haifa 5, Metulla 3

03.03 games:

Bat-Yam 1 - Maalot 1:5
    Bat-Yam 2 - Metula 2:1

On the next weekend there will be two last game of the regular championship:
    Bat-Yam 1 - Metula and Haifa - Bat-Yam2. The last game will decide who is the winner.
    If Haifa wins they will, if not - Bat-Yam 2.

Aldair, I thought there are playoffs this year?

From The Jerusalem Post:

Mar. 5, 2006 6:32 | Updated Mar. 5, 2006 6:35

GAMES WE PLAY: Ice Hockey

By LIONEL GAFFEN

An improving young Bat Yam I team managed to hold off a superior Ma'alot team for the better part of the opening hockey match at the Canada Center in Metulla on Friday before succumbing in a 5-1 loss.

Slava Golodnitsky tallied for Ma'alot six minutes into the opening period, and just over nine minutes later, Vlad Kosolopov scored the first of his double.

Evgeny Gussin was a tower of strength in goal for the team he coaches as well, turning back 24 shots in the opening period and 48 in all for the game.

The second stanza was scoreless as BY I managed to give Gussin some defensive help as he turned away another 14 shots.

Eli Levin finally broke the BY I scoring drought at the 43-minute mark of the final frame with a wrist shot that eluded the Ma'alot goalie, who had to handle only six shots all evening. The gap closed to 2-1, but that was all the offense BY I could muster.

Two minutes later, Slava Marchansky tallied his first of two, followed by Kosolopov's second six minutes later. Four minutes after that, Marchansky closed out the scoring.

In a feisty second game, Bat Yam II held on for a tight 2-1 win over Metulla to stay at the top of the standings.

Both sides came into this match with attitude; BY II as the league leader and Metulla looking to topple it from its perch while preparing mentally for the upcoming World Junior Championships.

The heightened tension showed throughout the game as a slew of penalties, 10 in all, left both sides shorthanded for extended periods.

At 17:53, Marek Lebedev finally broke open the scoring on a beautifullyplaced feed-in pass by Radek Issakaev, and he followed it up with an unassisted goal less than a minute later. That ended the scoring until the final period. Even though both teams had a number of excellent scoring opportunities, the goalies were able to handle the pressure of the numerous power plays.

At the 54-minute point, Yoni Knitor fired a line drive past the stick side of Alexander Loginov to close the gap to 2-1. In spite of frenzied efforts on the part of Metulla, it wasn't able to crack BY II's defense. When Oren Zamir took a penalty with just over two minutes to play, the Metulla offense sputtered to a halt and time just ran out.

"I just arrived yesterday [after attending a hockey clinic in Saskatchewan in preparation for this month's Under-18 Division III World Championships]," Zamir told The Jerusalem Post from the penalty box. "My team is playing much better than when I was last here. Our goalie [Eden Nemenoff] is doing a terrific job. He's gotten even better than before. I'll be here just for the week, to visit family, and then we'll be leaving for Romania."

Loginov handled 16 shots, while Nemenoff faced 20.

The junior national team leaves on March 9 for the March 13-19 world championships. They had been scheduled to be played at the Canada Center but were moved last month after security concerns were raised.

The venue change also necessitated modifications to the national league schedule. The final regular season games are now scheduled for March 24, with the playoffs set to begin a week later.

[NOTE FROM M. BRUNENGRABER: THE ISRAELI U-20 TEAM PLAYS IN THE ISRAELI LEAGUE AS 'METULLA.']

Aldair, I thought there are playoffs this year?

Yes, it will be a playoff this year. There are semifinal on 31.03 and the final on 14.04.I really hope to see the final by myself.

Scores from March 24, 2006:

Metulla 11, Bat Yam-I 0

And in a surprise:

Haifa 6, Bat Yam-II 2

Final standings, 2005/2006 Israeli League:

1. Haifa 7 wins, 1 loss (+41)
    2. Bat Yam-II 7 wins, 1 loss (+32)
    3. Metulla 3 wins, 5 losses (+7)
    4. Ma'alot 3 wins, 5 losses (-6)
    5. Bat Yam-I 0 wins, 8 losses

Scores from March 24, 2006:

Metulla 11, Bat Yam-I 0

And in a surprise:

Haifa 6, Bat Yam-II 2
    Haifa - Bat-Yam 2 6:2(3:0, 1:2, 2: 0)

It was the the first defeat of the Bat-Yam 2 during last 3 years! So, Haifa did it just great.

Now, on 31.03 there are semifinals(best of 1 :) ) Haifa - Maalot and Bat-Yam2- Metula and the final game on 14.04(best of 1 as well :) ). I'm going to see the final game. :drinker-g

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aldair1808
    Haifa - Bat-Yam 2 6:2(3:0, 1:2, 2: 0)

It was the the first defeat of the Bat-Yam 2 during last 3 years! So, Haifa did it just great.

Now, on 31.03 there are semifinals(best of 1 :) ) Haifa - Maalot and Bat-Yam2- Metula and the final game on 14.04(best of 1 as well :) ). I'm going to see the final game. :drinker-g
    Hi!
    Would you be so kind to make an picture of team metulla? i collect them or fom an player?
    DO you have an leaguetable of the youth competition?
    Picture and info from Naharya?

Thank you, :)

No, I haven't, and I don't know nothing about naharia team and youth competitions :scratchhe . You shoud ask Marc or David about this - maybe they know. And if Metulla will play in the final I will do the pictures of course.

Israeli championship; semifinals.

Finally, on 31.03 there were the semifinals.

Haifa - Maalot 6:2
    Bat-Yam2 - Metula 3:0

It's only two matches to play left, 3rd place game between Metula and Maalot adn the final with Haifa and Bat-Yam2 on 14.04

ISRAELI LEAGUE SEMI-FINAL SCORES:

HAIFA 6, MA'ALOT 2

BAT YAM-II 3, METULLA 0

Championship game will be Haifa vs. Bat Yam-II.

Marc, look 4 posts up :)

:005: Would've helped if I had paid attention.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information