Thread: Eurovision Song Contest 2012

Eurovision Song Contest 2012

...yeah... I just skimmed through the field, listening to the songs (as much as I could stomach anyway, which in some cases was about 4 seconds). And I have a few thoughts.

1. My top 3 are the entries from Switzerland, Slovakia and Turkey. Switzerland because it's a decent indie-rock track, Turkey for a little ethnic originality in the rock sound, and Slovakia because the rest is pure crap (it's kind of like a cross between Inwie Malmsteen and more recent metallica).

2. IRELAND! WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!

3. I miss this:

Post your own thoughts too

Haha I never knew people from North America actually watched Eurovision or knew what it was...anyway, you pretty much have who I would vote in my top 3, I did somewhat enjoy Sweden and liked Belgium entry if you like that type of music. Haha at Ireland, I have known about Jedward since they were on The Graham Norton Show, hated them then, still cant stand them, dont actually know why people like them....

Quote Originally Posted by DHKStarkovs View Post
    Haha I never knew people from North America actually watched Eurovision or knew what it was...anyway, you pretty much have who I would vote in my top 3, I did somewhat enjoy Sweden and liked Belgium entry if you like that type of music. Haha at Ireland, I have known about Jedward since they were on The Graham Norton Show, hated them then, still cant stand them, dont actually know why people like them....
    I got directed to it from another site, and it's fun stuff. I have a soft spot for Iceland and Germany. Last year's famous Moldovan sax guy was hilarious; I hope they can live up to that this year.
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

Conesy...
    Do you mean this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkmncrAPILw
    Or this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8fRW-j8b9k

Moldova 2010 entry was simply amazing, pretty much everything from the beat, the violin was kickass, and of course the sax guy, their 2011 entry was good as well, though this year they disappointed me, wasnt bad, just ok.

Sweden wins this year, wasnt all that great of a song, I understand how Russia got all of its votes but why people, just why, wasnt anywhere near a second place finish. I will never understand why people vote for Ireland as long as Jedward represent them, two very weird and annoying looking brothers who sing just terrible, terrible pop songs (then again I dont understand why most little kid singers are popular either.) Nice Estonia finished in Top 10, Iceland deserved better in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DHKStarkovs View Post
    Conesy...
    Do you mean this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkmncrAPILw
    Or this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8fRW-j8b9k

Moldova 2010 entry was simply amazing, pretty much everything from the beat, the violin was kickass, and of course the sax guy, their 2011 entry was good as well, though this year they disappointed me, wasnt bad, just ok.

Sweden wins this year, wasnt all that great of a song, I understand how Russia got all of its votes but why people, just why, wasnt anywhere near a second place finish. I will never understand why people vote for Ireland as long as Jedward represent them, two very weird and annoying looking brothers who sing just terrible, terrible pop songs (then again I dont understand why most little kid singers are popular either.) Nice Estonia finished in Top 10, Iceland deserved better in my opinion.
    The first one, yeah. That sax guy went viral and for good reason. Also, Iceland always get screwed over every year I feel-their entries always are absolutely great.

RE: the kid singers, as an American, I apologize for the kid singers that have more or less taken over the world with their subpar singing. I figured it's only fair for you all that I take up their burdens.
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

My favourites this year were Serbia, Moldova and Maceconia. Also Romania and Greece were not bad at all. :)

Dunno why but I pretty much love the music from the Balkan countries.

PS:

Wonder why Sweden won. The song is not really great and the singer looks very ugly. oO
    RIP Pavol Demitra, Karel Rachunek, Robert Dietrich and all the other Loko players and staff that died Sept. 7 2011 !

Thread Information