Thread: Import Limits in Swiss, Austrian, Italian lower leagues (on US citizens)

IHF Prospect

Import Limits in Swiss, Austrian, Italian lower leagues (on US citizens)

Hi All,

I'm in Europe now, but going back to the US for two years. So for the 2014-2015 season I am trying to figure some ideas out. I am looking at Austria, Switzerland, or Italy (South Tirol). Leagues I am considering are Serie C in Italy, Tiroler Elite Liga, Carinthian Hockey League, 1. liga (Regio Liga?) in Switzerland, and anything on that level. 3rd league is about as high as I think I will be capable of in two years. I have checked EliteProspects and Eurohockey.net already for an idea of import numbers, but I would like to know the concrete rules. Thanks for any help.

I went through Regio regulations and it appears that 1.liga clubs are only permitted to dress one non-Swiss licensed (there a rules on which players qualify and such) at a time. I could be wrong though as I went through some of HC RED ICE matches, both Fedulov and Pennaforte dressed though Pennaforte has gone through the Swiss system so maybe he is under those guidelines.

If you speak French or German, here is the regulations for Regio leagues...
    French: http://f.regioleague.swiss-icehockey...=21&section=14
    German: http://regioleague.swiss-icehockey.c...=21&section=10

IHF Prospect
    Does anyone have any info about Serie C in Italy? I saw on eliteprospects that there are no imports listed, but I would like to know for sure that the reason for this absence of imports is that only italians are allowed. thanks for the help in advance!

IHF Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by dw91 View Post
    Does anyone have any info about Serie C in Italy? I saw on eliteprospects that there are no imports listed, but I would like to know for sure that the reason for this absence of imports is that only italians are allowed. thanks for the help in advance!
    Daner, probably you should go and ask one of our Italians :-) I guess Casa might know.

IHF Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by RexKramer View Post
    Daner, probably you should go and ask one of our Italians :-) I guess Casa might know.
    Good call Kanute, I didn't think about asking the guys. I think I still have some time to figure it out

Thread Information