Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Balkan hockey league

Total TV hockey league

It's time that this newly formed competition gets it's thread. The league doesn't have official name; in Bosnia they call it open Bosnian league and in Macedonia open Macedonian league. For compromise I decided to call it Balkan hockey league.

Teams that will take part in this league are:
    HK Bosna - Sarajevo (Bosnia & Herzegovina)
    HK Skopje - Skopje (Macedonia)
    Red Star - Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Iraklis - Thessaloniki (Greece)

The league will be played on various tournaments so that costs of travel won't be too high. The schedule is still not officially announced but what is sure is that first game will be played on January 14th - this saturday in newly built ice hall Boris Trajkovski in Skopje. Home etam HK Skopje will play against Iraklis. The game will be transmissioned on Macedonian national television. IIHF will have it's representatives on the game.

It's also mentioned that league can possibly have three new clubs: HK Ipsilon from Skopje and one from Bulgaria and one from Serbia. We'll see what will happen in future.
    Last edited by Pršljen; 17-01-2012 at 19:40.
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

Banned
    The Balkan hockey league existed in the mid 1990s, so I think it's not fair to give this the same name.

The league is now named after main sponsor, macedonian Total TV. Now it's said that it wil be played on 6 tournaments (4 in Skopje and 2 Sarajevo).
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

Quote Originally Posted by woppa View Post
    The Balkan hockey league existed in the mid 1990s, so I think it's not fair to give this the same name.
    Haven't seen you complain about the Federal Hockey League, or the International Hockey League. There's room for a revival of the league name, especially as it's a pretty good descriptive name (seeing as how the league is geographically located in the Balkans).
    Also, for those who might know the history of the Balkan Hockey League, it could actually help attract fans to the rink. So all in all, I have no issue whatsoever with the use of the name.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steigs View Post
    Haven't seen you complain about the Federal Hockey League, or the International Hockey League. There's room for a revival of the league name, especially as it's a pretty good descriptive name (seeing as how the league is geographically located in the Balkans).
    Also, for those who might know the history of the Balkan Hockey League, it could actually help attract fans to the rink. So all in all, I have no issue whatsoever with the use of the name.
    I do not know about those leagues. I do not follow everything!

According to Prsljen it will be named after some macedonian sponsor. So probably not balkan.

Quote Originally Posted by woppa View Post
    According to Prsljen it will be named after some macedonian sponsor. So probably not balkan.
    That's a kick in the Balkans.

Its a huge promotion for the sport in Macedonia to have a national broadcast. Hopefully it will get some good viewership and introduce the game to youngsters.

Does or will the Balkan Ice Hockey Union have any investment, financial or otherwise, in the Total TV Hockey League? I could see that growing the league and finally creating a pan-Balkan league that several members of this very forum were clamouring for - even if its at reduced organizational and talent levels to some of the better national leagues in the region.
    Bringing ice hockey to Northwest China!

I'm the hole formerly known as KazakhEagles

IIHF gave BIHU 260 thousand euros for next 4 years. The plan for this season was to organize:

- development camp for goaltenders in January in Turkey
    - development camp for coaches in February in Sarajevo
    - Balkan hockey festival in April in Belgrade (probably some kind of tournament)

There's no talk of this league. I believe that this league was formed and planned by Bosnian and Macedonian federation and that it doesn't have much connection with BIHU.

The first league game was played today in Skopje; home team HK Skopje lost to Iraklis Thessaloniki 5-4. I'll post more information if I find it.

IHF Member
    Im guessing they didnt think to throw together a website for the league?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Salavat View Post
    Im guessing they didnt think to throw together a website for the league?
    Heh, it's a big mistake if there indeed is no website. :(

Game 1

HK Skopje - Iraklis 4:5 (2:1, 0:2, 2:2).
    SKOPJE - SC Boris Trajkovski ice hall. Attendance 200.

Scorers for HK Skopje: 2 Ivan Bačovski, 1 Nino Perković and Stefan Deckovski

SKOPJE: Igor Arsovski, Vlade Ilievski - Stefan Deckovski, Ivan Bačovski, ? Mangarovski, Ivica Taskov, Samoil Arsov, Nino Perković, Blagoje Plesa, Kosta Tarabunov, ? Griovski, Kristijan Taševski, Darko Iliev, Vasko Jankovski.

IRAKLIS: ?

That's all info I could find, unfortunately there's no any statistics of the match (at least it's not announced)
    Last edited by Pršljen; 16-01-2012 at 21:00.

It's incredible how in internet era these federations aren't able to put online at least an amateur blog to report score and spread the hockey...

Member of this forum Zoki Lou played in this game and maybe he can hel with some more info.

Banned
    Total tv hockey league? Wow.

hmm, why only those teams are included? why you aren,t invite other?

Quote Originally Posted by bobo7 View Post
    hmm, why only those teams are included? why you aren,t invite other?
    Apparently there will be another team from Bulgaria beside Red Star. But that's everything unofficial stuff that I find on internet.

I'm so disappointed that there's no ANY official announcement about this league. In BH they say that this was friendly game, in Macedonia they say that this was official first league game.

Macedonian and BH federation have different schedule of the tournaments; BH version says that there will be 2 tournaments in Srajevo and 2 in Skopje. MC version say that 4 will be in Skopje and 2 in Sarajevo. Some sources say that there'll be tournaments even in Sofia.

In BH federation they say that next Saturday HK Bosna is travelling in Skopje to play a game. That will be their first trip to play hockey in Skopje since 1984. No info about that game on the MC side.

Good news for the league is that Total TV became main sponsor of the league and they will pay all costs for games organization.

If anyone is intersted here you can download some pictures of game between HK Skopje and Iraklis.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rjjm4b

Sorry guys, i was in trouble these days.

The game Skopje vs Iraklis is the fisrt game of the league.
    This weekend there will be played more games. A scheduled was yesterday announced, but i could maybe change, firstly only Iraklis and HK Bosna should come this weekend to Skopje, but it seems like Red Star will come too, so when this will happen the schedule will be modified.

Here is the actual schedule without Red Star announced yesterday.

Arena Kale:
    20.Jan. Friday 21,30 Iraklis - HK Skopje
    21. Jan. Saturday 21,30 HK Skopje - HK Bosna
    22. Jan Sunday 09,00 HK Bosna - Iraklis

Arena Boris Trajkovski:
    21. Jan. Saturday 12,00 HK Skopje - HK Bosna

I have to leave for practicing, later i will ad more news, the roosters and more, but i also jave not seen till yet a statistic of the first Game. I can tell you just my own one: 4 (one time)shots on goal, one rebound of it i pressed over the line but the ref didnt saw it (scene of the picture below) and (as my former team mates know me well) 2+10 min

one of the Iraklis guys uploaded a video, not of the game, but of the whole happening
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39oTj...ature=youtu.be

Its really strange that small leagues and federations are not even using Facebook pages to promote the sport...
    RIP Pavol Demitra, Karel Rachunek, Robert Dietrich and all the other Loko players and staff that died Sept. 7 2011 !

Quote Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
    Its really strange that small leagues and federations are not even using Facebook pages to promote the sport...
    Hey, i just created one.

Updates should be in from tommorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Total...73087136088491

on my own page i announce some news, but mostly from Macedonian media

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hocke...01723973189958

Quote Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
    Actually these two federations use facebook but not so intensively and regularly.

BH federation

Macedonian federation

Total TV league (made few hours ago - at least something official)

Interesting to see the game on synthetic ice, the puck seems to move ok...

IHF Member
    One of the Federations should be listing the schedules and score on their websites at least or maybe get in touch with Eurohockey.com so the league is covered so everyone can see the scores and progress of the league

One of the Federations should be listing the schedules and score on their websites at least or maybe get in touch with Eurohockey.com so the league is covered so everyone can see the scores and progress of the league
    I tried to contact them - no answer at all.

ахахах, now I understand why Iraklis refused to come for the rest of the games in BAHL
    Arena Kale:
    20.Jan. Friday 21,30 Iraklis - HK Skopje
    21. Jan. Saturday 21,30 HK Skopje - HK Bosna
    22. Jan Sunday 09,00 HK Bosna - Iraklis

Arena Boris Trajkovski:
    21. Jan. Saturday 12,00 HK Skopje - HK Bosna

I'm very disapointed
    Last edited by bobo7; 18-01-2012 at 10:59.

I am in touch with the guys from Eurohockey, but the problem is more here in MK.

I just heard they had not become on time the statistic formular so that is the reason why the statistic isnt announced, so i gonna fix this today too :)

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey_Algeria View Post
    Interesting to see the game on synthetic ice, the puck seems to move ok...
    On ice the puck is much faster and easier to control

HK SKOPJE:
    from l.t.r.: Darko Iliev, Kristijan Taševski, Vladimir Mangarovski, Ivan Bačovski, Nino Perković, Samoil Arsov, Kosta Jankovski, Zorančo Griovski.
    Blagoja Pleša, Kosta Tarabunov, Ivica Taskov, Stefan Deckovski.
    Goalies: Vlade Ilievski, Igor Arsovski

as eurohockey we can offer all the help you need, just send us fixtures, rosters and stats and we'll keep update the league
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoki Lou View Post
    I am in touch with the guys from Eurohockey, but the problem is more here in MK.

I just heard they had not become on time the statistic formular so that is the reason why the statistic isnt announced, so i gonna fix this today too :)

Quote Originally Posted by Davide View Post
    as eurohockey we can offer all the help you need, just send us fixtures, rosters and stats and we'll keep update the league

THX i'm working on it all ready :)

IHF Member
    So which one are you ?

Good luck

Geoff

HK SKOPJE:
    from l.t.r.: Darko Iliev, Kristijan Taševski, Vladimir Mangarovski, Ivan Bačovski, Nino Perković, Samoil Arsov, Kosta Jankovski, Zorančo Griovski.
    Blagoja Pleša, Kosta Tarabunov, Ivica Taskov, Stefan Deckovski.
    Goalies: Vlade Ilievski, Igor Arsovski

ok perfect, i've already prepared total league page on eurohockey..Is the rink size of arena regular (06x30) at the end which is the capacity?

http://eurohockey.com/league/1180-to...ey-league.html

THX i'm working on it all ready :)

Quote Originally Posted by Davide View Post
    ok perfect, i've already prepared total league page on eurohockey..Is the rink size of arena regular (06x30) at the end which is the capacity?

http://eurohockey.com/league/1180-to...ey-league.html
    yes its regular, capacity at the moment zero, because nothing was build. the seats which you see on the pics are movebale ones from inside of the sports hall.

The old rink is bigger, and i dont know the dimensions, capacity, more than enough. the old players said in old times there where over 7.000 people watching games

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffH View Post
    So which one are you ?

Good luck

Geoff
    the skinhead (the first from right, standing)

THX !

Next games:

HK Skopje : HK Bosna
    20.01.Petok/Friday 22.00 Arena KALE
    21.01.Sabota/Saturday 12.00 Arena SC Boris Trajkovski
    22.01.Nedela/Sundy 09,00 Arena KALE

Game sheet, Game 1 HK Skopje vs Iraklis

Great job Zoki Lou!
    Do you happen to know the full names of Iraklis players? Did some Macedonian players played for them; Grčevski and anyone else?
    I've looked photos on facebook and their roster in BAHL and made a list of their players; please correct if something is wrong.

1 - Manolis Tegos
    89 - Mihalis Tegos
    13 - Vasillis Siskopoulos
    8 - Themis Akritidis
    53 - Giorgos Koretsis
    84 - Angelos Mitsas
    21- Grigoris Papatzikas
    57 - Halatskokly (on his jersey is Vavliakis?)
    28 - ? Sigas
    99 - ? Bozidis (on his jersey Aloterakis)
    70 - Kristijan Grčevski
    96 - ? Domi
    50 - Nikos Akritidis

Game two

HK SKOPJE - HK BOSNA 2:9 (1:2, 1:3, 0:4).
    SKOPJE - Ice rink Kale.

HK Bosna: Dino Pašović, Safet Ćosović - Mateo Lončar, Tarik Selimović, Emir Hanić, Božo Plemić, Fahrudin Gračić, Dado Nikulin, Dino Dželkić, Mirza Hadžić, Mirsen Tikveša, Kenan Korjenić, Samir Bajrić, Aleksandar Knežević, Hasan Kukić, Zlatan Čamdžić, Benjamin Muhić, Namik Selimović, Armen Velić.

*same opponent play tomorrow on the same place at 12:00 CET. The game will be transmissioned live on Macedonian TV and there will be live stream on this link.

http://web.maxtv.mk/player.swf?netst...osition=bottom
    Last edited by Pršljen; 21-01-2012 at 12:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Pršljen View Post
    SKOPJE - Ice rink Kale.

*same opponent play tomorrow on the same place at 12:00 CET. The game will be transmissioned live on Macedonian TV and there will be live stream on this link.

http://www.mtv.com.mk/mk/programa/sabota.aspx
    11:55 Хокеј: Скопје - Босна Пренос

you can also try following Live TV link www.zulu.mk

The game will be transmitted by the national TV MTV1 in cyrillic transcription MTB 1

Game scheduled for today was cancelled due to technical problems wit the synthetic surface. Next game tommorrow 9 CET

IHF Member
    Hopefully we can see a 'full international' game soon between Bosnia and Macedonia. Would the players for that be mostly the same as this game ?

Geoff

SKOPJE - Ice rink Kale.

HK Bosna: Dino Pašović, Safet Ćosović - Mateo Lončar, Tarik Selimović, Emir Hanić, Božo Plemić, Fahrudin Gračić, Dado Nikulin, Dino Dželkić, Mirza Hadžić, Mirsen Tikveša, Kenan Korjenić, Samir Bajrić, Aleksandar Knežević, Hasan Kukić, Zlatan Čamdžić, Benjamin Muhić, Namik Selimović, Armen Velić.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffH View Post
    Hopefully we can see a 'full international' game soon between Bosnia and Macedonia. Would the players for that be mostly the same as this game ?

Geoff
    There's possibility for that. Macedonian team would probably be the same like HK Skopje but for BH side there is bigger pool of players and there are many good player who aren't on the HK Bosna roster but on roters of three other BH teams.

I'll also bring back my question for Zoki Lou, I suppose he hasn't seen it.

Do you happen to know the full names of Iraklis players? Did some Macedonian players played for them; Grčevski and anyone else?
    I've looked photos on facebook and their roster in BAHL and made a list of their players; please correct if something is wrong.

1 - Manolis Tegos
    89 - Mihalis Tegos
    8 - Themis Akritidis
    53 - Giorgos Koretsis
    84 - Angelos Mitsas
    21- Grigoris Papatzikas
    28 - ? Sigas
    99 - Kyriakos Bozidis (on his jersey Aloterakis)
    70 - Kristijan Grčevski
    96 - Vladimir Leov
    50 - Nikos Akritidis
    Last edited by Pršljen; 24-01-2012 at 17:56.

Hockey weekend in Skopje is over; two of three scheduled games between HK Skopje and HK Bosna were played. One on friday and one on Sunday. Game on saturday was postponed due to problems with ice in SC Boris Trajkovski. Both games were played on indoor rink Kale. Since there's still no official report from these two games here's what I've found in media.

Game two
    HK Skopje - HK Bosna 2:9 (1:2, 1:3, 0:4).
    (Stefan Deckovski scored both goals for Skopje)

Game three
    HK Skopje - HK Bosna 1:3 (0:1, 1:1, 0:1).
    (Furnaciski - 2 Mateo Lončar, 1 Aleksandar Knežević)

Roster for HK Bosna in these games was: Dino Pašović, Safet Ćosović - Mateo Lončar, Tarik Selimović, Emir Hanić, Božo Plemić, Fahrudin Gračić, Dado Nikulin, Dino Dželkić, Mirza Hadžić, Mirsen Tikveša, Kenan Korjenić, Samir Bajrić, Aleksandar Knežević, Hasan Kukić, Zlatan Čamdžić, Benjamin Muhić, Namik Selimović, Armen Velić.

Roster for HK Skopje in these two games was: Vlado Ilievski, Igor Arsovski - Kristijan Grčevski, Risto Ainovski, Stefan Deckovski, Ivan Bačovski, Samoil Arsov, Ivica Taskov, Zorančo Griovski, Kosta Tarabunov, Blagoje Pleša, Darko Iliev, Vladimir Mangarovski, Kristijan Taševski, ? Janakievski, ? Furnaciski.

Game one between Skopje and Iraklis was filmed and is now on youtube, in four parts. This is the first one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFJnh...ature=youtu.be and rest of them you can find on the right side of the video.

Iraklis are pitty.....

IHF Prospect
    There's possibility for that. Macedonian team would probably be the same like HK Skopje but for BH side there is bigger pool of players and there are many good player who aren't on the HK Bosna roster but on roters of three other BH teams.

I'll also bring back my question for Zoki Lou, I suppose he hasn't seen it.

1 - Manolis Tegos
    89 - Mihalis Tegos
    8 - Themis Akritidis
    53 - Giorgos Koretsis
    84 - Angelos Mitsas
    21- Grigoris Papatzikas
    28 - ? Sigas
    99 - Kyriakos Bozidis (on his jersey Aloterakis)
    70 - Kristijan Grčevski
    96 - Vladimir Leov
    50 - Nikos Akritidis
    On the other side, Vladimir Leov who is HK Skopje member played for HK Iraklis due their lack of players for the game, and yes i confirm that most of the players mentioned above were playing for HK Iralkis.

This weekend HK Skopje is traveling to Sofia - Bulgaria to play a match against HK Red Star. The game will start at 21:30 / 9:30pm.
    The game will take place in the Zimski Dvorec (Winter Castle) Arena.
    Last edited by nikolla12; 26-01-2012 at 02:07.

IHF Prospect
    Next game from the BHL is between HK Skopje & HK Red Star and its schedueled for this friday (27.02) in the Zimski Dvorec (Winter Castle) Arena in Sofia Bulgaria, but due the bad weather conditions the game may be postponed.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolla12 View Post
    Next game from the BHL is between HK Skopje & HK Red Star and its schedueled for this friday (27.02) in the Zimski Dvorec (Winter Castle) Arena in Sofia Bulgaria, but due the bad weather conditions the game may be postponed.
    I don't really understand, Zimen Dvorec is an indoor ice rink so bad weather conditions shouldn't affect playing the scheduled game.

IHF Prospect
    its not the rink, the roads were closed due heavy snow .

Quote Originally Posted by nikolla12 View Post
    its not the rink, the roads were closed due heavy snow .
    The situation is still the same, past friday we should travel again to Sofija, but again the road were closed due to heavy snow

Do they still play? Or did this league already fold?
    RIP Pavol Demitra, Karel Rachunek, Robert Dietrich and all the other Loko players and staff that died Sept. 7 2011 !

Incredible story this Total TV hockey league. They were full of plans few months ago, many news from every side.

Today..nothing. No news from Macedonia and their site, same counts for Bosnia.

Destruction of rink in Sarajevo probably made things worse but they could still arrange more games.

Three games played in total is poor and th whole idea of joint competition now looks unrealistic. Maybe things will change next season and maybe then we'll see something more from this league and the whole idea of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information