Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Erste Bank Liga 2011/12 preseason: teams, transfers, news

IHF Member

Erste Bank Liga 2011/12 preseason: teams, transfers, news

Robert Kristan is staying in Zagreb next two years!

IHF Member
    Heikki Mälkiä, the Acroni Jesenice coach, has extended his contract for another two years. This is a very important signing for us.

Erste Bank Liga 2011/12 preseason: teams, transfers, news

I know this season is still underway, but there are lot of infos from Medvescak, so I decided to open this thread.
    So, Robert Kristan signed 2-year deal with Bears and that is top sport news in Zagreb today. He said that he have had offers from Salzburg and Vienna that are financialy stronger than what he earned here, but he never even thought to leave Zagreb. Main reason (except money :) ) why he stayed with Bears are fans who likes him more than any other player, and because he feels in Zagreb like at home. Two Medvescak scouts will go to NA next week and will try to sign many young players with croatian roots as possible and top "picks" are Drazenovic, both Oreskovic's, Perkovich, Murovich. There are talks that also Mike Radja could sign with us. Other names that were mention in our media are Jon Kalinski and Paul Karpowich (gk, Clarkson - NCAA).

Second edition of pre-season Memorial "Ferdo Spajic" cup will feature teams from DEL, NLA (Zug 99%), one team from CZEorSVK extraliga and MAYBE khl (but it is not very likley, but who knows).

Staying:Macaulay,Sandrock,Sertich,Kroselj,Kanaet,S ijan,Blagus,Kinasewich,Kristan,Day,Banha,Letang,Fi lewich,Hecimovic
    Kicked:TJ,Maclean,Rabbitt

That's all I know for now,they are currently negotiating with Prpic and the future of Powers,Gazdic,Brumerčik.

Rendulic's future will depend on if he will make Assat first team or not.

Kostovic also signed for Medveščak for next season.
    Last edited by dark+knight; 10-03-2011 at 18:06.

Quote Originally Posted by filip cro View Post
    I know this season is still underway, but there are lot of infos from Medvescak, so I decided to open this thread.
    So, Robert Kristan signed 2-year deal with Bears and that is top sport news in Zagreb today. He said that he have had offers from Salzburg and Vienna that are financialy stronger than what he earned here, but he never even thought to leave Zagreb. Main reason (except money :) ) why he stayed with Bears are fans who likes him more than any other player, and because he feels in Zagreb like at home. Two Medvescak scouts will go to NA next week and will try to sign many young players with croatian roots as possible and top "picks" are Drazenovic, both Oreskovic's, Perkovich, Murovich. There are talks that also Mike Radja could sign with us. Other names that were mention in our media are Jon Kalinski and Paul Karpowich (gk, Clarkson - NCAA).

Second edition of pre-season Memorial "Ferdo Spajic" cup will feature teams from DEL, NLA (Zug 99%), one team from CZEorSVK extraliga and MAYBE khl (but it is not very likley, but who knows).
    Are talking about Victor Oreskovich(former Avs 2th rounder and current Manitoba/Vancouver player)?

Quote Originally Posted by Marras View Post
    Are talking about Victor Oreskovich(former Avs 2th rounder and current Manitoba/Vancouver player)?
    Yes,he is talking about him.It depends on if he will sign with Canucks next year or not.

Quote Originally Posted by dark+knight View Post
    Yes,he is talking about him.It depends on if he will sign with Canucks next year or not.
    Would be an interesting addition. Any word on wherever he holds a Croatian passport?

Quote Originally Posted by Marras View Post
    Would be an interesting addition. Any word on wherever he holds a Croatian passport?
    http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=41101

He only has Canadian passport.

IHF Staff
    Kim Collins will not continue to coach Black Wings Linz. Talks with players are scheduled for the next days and also a new coach shall be found quickly (BWL homepage).

The general resonance after this season is that Linz needs quite some overhaul of the roster. Supposed to be team carriers like Brad Purdie, Rob Shearer and Pat Leahy (who still has a contract for next season) didn't show the performance they should have and also Austrian key players like Philipp Lukas and Gregor Baumgartner are in decline.
    Wether the management will really make a big cut or rather stick with the bulk of the players will be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by dark+knight View Post
    My mistake, I just thought that he was related to the “other” Oreskovic, who according to EP has a Croatian passport.

Quote Originally Posted by RexKramer View Post
    Kim Collins will not continue to coach Black Wings Linz. Talks with players are scheduled for the next days and also a new coach shall be found quickly (BWL homepage).

The general resonance after this season is that Linz needs quite some overhaul of the roster. Supposed to be team carriers like Brad Purdie, Rob Shearer and Pat Leahy (who still has a contract for next season) didn't show the performance they should have and also Austrian key players like Philipp Lukas and Gregor Baumgartner are in decline.
    Wether the management will really make a big cut or rather stick with the bulk of the players will be interesting to see.
    Basic squad:
    Goal:
    Alex Westlund (USA)
    Defense:
    Robert Luke
    Michael Mayr
    Attack:
    Gregor Baumgartner
    Philipp Lukas
    Pat Leahy (USA)
    Martin Grabher Meier
    Daniel Oberkofler
    Martin Mair
    Justin Keller (CAN)

according to ebel.at Shearer, Purdie, Cashman, Bronilla and Jason Ward are all out.
    Games from Croatia live at :

http://www.icedominator.posavec.com.hr/

IHF Staff
    Yep, many guys leaving Linz. I wouldn't have had a problem if anyone of those mentioned above stayed in Linz but a cut is also ok.
    The coach to build a new team is already found, its 53yr Canadian Robert Daum. Daum was part of the Edmonton Oilers' coaching staff, was headcoach of the Houston Aeros and has tons of experience in junior and college leagues. Seems a good choice.

IHF Staff
    As HC Innsbruck was eliminated from the Nationalliga play-offs by VEU Feldkirch in the semifinal the Tyroleans will not return to EBEL for the upcoming season. In the last months the club had announced several times to be working on making a return to the top league happen already for 11/12. By not reaching even the Nationalliga final these plans are now obsolete according to an official news release on the website.

Any idea on what will Kristan salary be next season?

Quote Originally Posted by zamo86 View Post
    Any idea on what will Kristan salary be next season?
    Some croatian newspapers wrote that he will earn around 70.000 euros next season. And I think that 70k are without bonuses for wins, gp and so.

According to Bear's webpage, backup netminder Gašper Krošelj signed with Acroni Jesenice.

According to Bear's webpage, backup netminder Gašper Krošelj signed with Acroni Jesenice.
    I guess you're the happiest Medveščak fan right now...
    I'm also not disappointed with Krošelj's departure, I only hope that Medveščak will now bring backup goalie who can step up and make some numbers, something that Krošelj most of his EBEL career in Medveščak wasn't able to do.
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

Quote Originally Posted by Pršljen View Post
    I guess you're the happiest Medveščak fan right now...
    I'm also not disappointed with Krošelj's departure, I only hope that Medveščak will now bring backup goalie who can step up and make some numbers, something that Krošelj most of his EBEL career in Medveščak wasn't able to do.

Krošelj had great series against Graz last season in quarterfinals, but that was all. Since the begining of this season he was too inconsistent, even in Slohokej liga he let too many soft goals. Actually the main reason why I am glad that he left is that he won't play for Croatia. To have a foregin goalie in our net who can't "steal" the game or two for us is not something that I would be proud of. I would like to see Danijel Kovacic as Kristan's backup, young Deutsch-Croat who played for Germany U18 at WjC back in 2005. (Elite division).

IHF Member
    Dario Kostovic - new bear!

Krošelj had great series against Graz last season in quarterfinals, but that was all. Since the begining of this season he was too inconsistent, even in Slohokej liga he let too many soft goals. Actually the main reason why I am glad that he left is that he won't play for Croatia. To have a foregin goalie in our net who can't "steal" the game or two for us is not something that I would be proud of. I would like to see Danijel Kovacic as Kristan's backup, young Deutsch-Croat who played for Germany U18 at WjC back in 2005. (Elite division).
    He looks like he'd be a good pick up for the Bears. He might even develope into a 1b for Kristan's 1a. Do you think he'd want to spend at least 4 years playing for Medvescak to become eligible for Croatia? If so, that'd be great for both the Bears and Croatia. He'd just be entering his prime when he'd be eligible for the national team and it would make for a smooth transition for whenever Kristan wants to leave or retire.

Michael Raffl wants out of VSV, VSV are after Marco Pewal of RBS.

Markus Peintner and Stefan Herzog are looking towards VSV while Graz are looking at Jesenice great line Tičar-Sabolič-Jeglič

Source
    Games from Croatia live at :

http://www.icedominator.posavec.com.hr/

IHF Member
    Sapa Fehérvár AV 19 has signed a 1+1 year contract with Eric Johansson (47 points in 38 games). Also similar contract was signed by coach Kevin Primeau.

I just can't believe we could keep him. (though it is said that his family likes Fehérvár)

IHF Staff
    The next coach of the Vienna Capitals is going to be Thommy Samuelsson who was the headcoached of SEL powerhouse Färjestads BK in the last couple of seasons. Samuelsson has played his last season in Vienna back in 1998 and also coached HC Innsbruck in 2004-05. Not to mention that he was an assistant coach on the Swedish NT...

Medvescak will play at Kolin Cup (25.-28.08) against hosts, EV Zug, this year's NLA finalist Kloten Flyers and KHLs Torpedo Nizhny Novogorod.
    2011/2012. - 50th Anniversary of KHL Medveščak Zagreb !

IHF Staff
    News from Graz and Linz: Mike Ouellette has transferred from the former to the latter. And Graz is without a coach, the 99ers and Bill Gilligan have concluded that the era Gilligan @99ers has failed. BG will however remain working as a consultant for the Styrians.

IHF Member
    OLOLOLOL. Ouellette is a transfer bitch, from a capital, to a small village, to steel city.

His wife is gonna love it.

IHF Member
    This year he didn't even wait for Germans to make an offer... Maybe Linz made one that he couldn't refuse... Why else would he move there No more Mr. nice guy when he comes to Zagreb, friendly applause should be exchanged for a loud buuuuuu!

IHF Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyreone Shoelaces View Post
    OLOLOLOL. Ouellette is a transfer bitch, from a capital, to a small village, to steel city.

His wife is gonna love it.
    Small village but more money as it seems ;-)
    I think that's ok, welcome Mr. Ouellette

IHF Member
    I mean, his wife said, that she wanted to move to a bigger and better city.

Then they went to a village of fail in Germany, afterwards to Graz (okay, Eu city of culture,what not, but still small) and now Linz.

Its kinda funny

IHF Staff
    I mean, his wife said, that she wanted to move to a bigger and better city.

Then they went to a village of fail in Germany, afterwards to Graz (okay, Eu city of culture,what not, but still small) and now Linz.

Its kinda funny
    Linz was EU cultural capital as well (even more recently than Graz)
    And if you expand the geographical range juat a little bit there's half a million people around, should be enough for Mrs. Ouelette.
    And on top of that, what does it matter that wifey wants this or that place to live if hubby gets a nicer contract somewhere else. I think the marginal rate of substitution between money earned and size of the city to live in is pretty flat.

IHF Member
    It is, but what they said it was all about where to live, not the money.

IHF Staff
    It is, but what they said it was all about where to live, not the money.
    And you thought that could be taken for granted? Come on...

IHF Staff
    Is it that kind of discussion culture you want to have here? If yes, go somewhere else. Any further post containing all in slanderous and defamating allegations of political nature will be deleted. End of story.
    Last edited by Marc Brunengraber; 17-04-2011 at 15:42. Reason: see reasons for deletion above

IHF Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Dompa View Post
    Michael Raffl wants out of VSV, VSV are after Marco Pewal of RBS.

Markus Peintner and Stefan Herzog are looking towards VSV while Graz are looking at Jesenice great line Tičar-Sabolič-Jeglič

Source
    Michael Raffl is apparently heading for Leksands in Allsvenskan and on top of that VSV will seemingly also lose Andreas Kristler (to Salzburg).

IHF Staff
    Graz has hired defenseman Rodi Short (CAN) from VEU Feldkirch (AUT2). Short scored the gamewinner in the last Nationalliga final between Feldkirch and Dornbirn. If he he has the caliber expected from an import player is a little bit doubtful I think as his previous experience does not go beyond playing in a senior amateur league in the Canadian North East but he will nevertheless cost 4 points in the player system.

IHF Staff
    Graz 99ers have signed Mario Richer as coach for the upcoming season. In the last years Richer was part of the Red Bulls coaching team working as assistant coach of the EBEL squad and as head coach of the farm team.

Defencman Doug Nolan will stay with Jesenice for at least one more year (2010/11 - 39 games - 7G/8A/15Pts)

IHF Staff
    Defense youngster Daniel Mitterdorfer leaves Red Bull Salzburg and joins Black Wings Linz.
    Last edited by RexKramer; 17-04-2011 at 14:33.

Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

IHF Staff
    Graz99ers have signed defenseman Dustin van Ballegooi from SönderyskE (DAN).

Quote Originally Posted by RexKramer View Post
    Graz99ers have signed defenseman Dustin van Ballegooi from SönderyskE (DAN).
    Bit of a down season for him. Not nearly as dominant as in his first two. To me it seems pretty clear he wanted to move on and that effected his play.
    Similar calibre player as Mike Martin in my oppinion, who made the same move from the Danish league to EBEL. Better offensively not as strong defensively though.

Although there is no reason not to trust the website, but the only official news in the article is the one about Tomaž Razingar and brothers Pertik contract extension with VSV.

The news about coach Hannu Järvenpää to stay in Olimpija and Robert Sabolič to move to Medveščak is unofficial rumor at the moment ("neuradno").

IHF Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by WHawks View Post
    Bit of a down season for him. Not nearly as dominant as in his first two. To me it seems pretty clear he wanted to move on and that effected his play.
    Similar calibre player as Mike Martin in my oppinion, who made the same move from the Danish league to EBEL. Better offensively not as strong defensively though.
    Graz' fans received the news of the transfer pretty positive just as VSV fans did with Martin last year (although Martin had a weaker season this year and the enthusiasm has coolded down). As far as I recall van Ballegoi was a linked with EBEL (Villach) already last summer, another indication for your theory.

IHF Member
    Toni Dahlman to G99.

Some news from Olimpija. Finnish coach Järvenpää has extended his contract with the club for the new season. Their top scorer in the past season Hughes (16 goals 48 assists in 53 games) also extended his contract, while the Czech goalkeeper Chabera will leave the club.

Regarding Sabolič, Tičar and Jeglič. There is a lot of speculation for all three players and they have offers from a bunch of clubs. However, there is a good chance that none of them will change (or not) their current club until the WC in Slovakia is over.

IHF Staff
    The Vienna Capitals have signed Mario Fischer and Taylor Holst from Red Bull Salzburg.

IHF Staff
    Brett Lysak (ex Jesenice) to Graz.

IHF Member
    Lol, they're like this league's hamsters - collecting garbage

IHF Member
    Robert Sabolič - 1 year as a bear (2011/2012)

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information