Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: KHL Expansion?

I sometimes think this woppa guy is just trolling, can't person be this ignorant, just can't

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HATE View Post
    I sometimes think this woppa guy is just trolling, can't person be this ignorant, just can't
    I do not follow their league whatsoever so how would I know anything about their fan base/support?

At any rate, we can notice how hockey poped up in Astana where there basically was no hockey history.
    Just put enough money into advertising and crowds will get pumped up. I am confident in that theory. If the media is not saying nor promoting hockey, then things probably won't improve.

To take two quotes from an article that some people here found to be anti-KHL...
    Five years ago, the St. Petersburg arena was half empty for games. The few fans in attendance watched quietly.
    and
    On a recent evening in St. Petersburg, 12,000 fans packed the decade-old Ice Palace arena for a game between hometown SKA and Salavat,
    If they can increase the fan base quite easily by several thousand fans (and there are other KHL teams that made remarkable advanced in attendance btw), then I do not see why these guys couldn't either. Fan support can be created.
    It's not bad to dream a little ya know. Some dreams come true.

This is what your posts sounds like to me...
    [trolling]We know very well that there are rumors about Sochi getting a team eventually, after the olympics. Yet we see that people are not saying OH NOES these people are trolling us, hockey is bound to fail as they do not have any hockey tradition and hence no fan base whatsoever. ;P[/trolling]
    Lol :) Donbass had attendence that was quite miserable for years. Things can change.

HC LEV Prague will not play at O2 Arena, rumours say it will be arena of Sparta where guys will play KHL matches
    G Tomįš Pöpperle (last season Sparta/CR), D Tomįš Mojžķš (TPS/SM-Liiga), Ondřej Němec (Severstal/KHL), Jiřķ Hunkes (HC LEV/KHL) and F Jakub Klepiš (Dynamo Moscow/KHL), Juraj Mikśš (HC LEV/KHL), Marcel Hossa (Dinamo Riga/KHL).

btw: will they have new logo? (sorry I dont have better pic)
    358093.jpg
    Last edited by vorky; 16-05-2012 at 16:55.
    http://webhokej24.sk/index.php twitter: @vorkywh24

The new logo is million times better that the old one.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vorky View Post
    btw: will they have new logo? (sorry I dont have better pic)
    Here it says that the club colors will be red, blue and white:
    http://hokej.idnes.cz/hokejovy-klub-...936_evropa_bem

This matches the logo. Which looks quite ok, and somehow emphasizes that it is not just the relocated Lev Poprad.

better pic
    logo-poprad_denik-380.jpg

i like crown here, it is nice to see this old czech symbol (czech monarchy in past)

Here you can find a better pic of the new logo: http://www.hokej.cz

It's kind of sad, that they will not play at the O2 Arena, because of the better infrastructure there. Not only the venue itself but also litte things like the diffucult parking situation round of Tipsport Arena. In the other hand, they have a station, where the EuroCity trains from Germany usually stop.

But whatever! I look forward to the new season and a few visits there.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz View Post
    The new logo is million times better that the old one.
    Agreed, after seeing the better image, I like it even more now. Now lets see how well they do it with a jersey design.

IHF Member
    Logo looks better, but anyway shame on them for screwing up with o2 arena. I'll be cheering against them until they come to their senses or something. Way to screw total average attendance, though I shouldn't have kept my expectations too high, knowing what kind of organization they are.

IHF Member
    I don't think it is so bad that they won't play in the O2 Arena. Tipsport has almost 14,000 seats (if wikipedia is correct?). That should be enough for the beginning. And I am sure, if the whole project lasts longer and becomes a success they will eventually move to O2.

I understand that O2 is a much nicer looking arena but according to Sparta Praha website, Tipsport Arena holds 13,150 making them what, the second or third largest arena in the league?
    http://www.hcsparta.cz/zobraz.asp?t=info-o-arene

Edit: Ok ult, that makes sense then.

IHF Member
    No way it's 14k. More like 10. And it's not only about the size, it's about location, comfort, parking lot size etc. I think no one will argue with me that their attendance in o2 arena would have been better?
    Last edited by ult; 16-05-2012 at 20:57.

If it is not mentioned, budget of HC LEV is 19 milions euro. Slovan has less money (around 10-12)

to O2Arena: I would say it is similar situation like in Moscow with Megasport. Too expensive loan of arena... O2 Arena will have new owners soon (bankruptcy hearing). New owner should be guy who is sponsor of KHL (MND) and he wanted to buy Sparta (in february) to join KHL in future. So, I think HC LEV will play in O2A sooner or later.

I shouldn't have kept my expectations too high, knowing what kind of organization they are.
    Current HC LEV Prague is another club than HC LEV Poprad was, including people (managment, owners). I dont know if it is good or bad news but it is fact. HC LEV Poprad did not publish any info, this Prague club makes press releases for example. Budget is much bigger (Poprad“s club had 10-11 milions euro), co-owner is strong czech company (CKD), Poprad“s club was owned by no-name company. So, Prague club is more reliable. Yes, they failed with O2A but do we know reasons?? Ownership of O2A is known as people who stole money (corruption?, bribe?). Fact is that O2A is going bankrupt. Yes, former CEO is not working for O2A anymore but Musil (head of HC LEV Prague) said today "there (O2A) are still old manners". I wrote above reasons about possible choice HC LEV to play in O2A in future.

It is not fair to think HC LEV Prague is the same as HC LEV Poprad was.

@ult
    Your pic shows Tipsport Arena at Liberec. Same name but other city!

Pictures of the Tipsport Arena Prague (formely Tesla Arena / T-Mobile Arena) can be found here:
    http://hockeyarenas.net.

IHF Member
    Oh, ok. Thanks! God, this is even worse than I thought...

HC LEV informs at VK account that this logo is not final one.
    новая эмблема клуба. окочательный вариант будет известен к сезону.

Quote Originally Posted by ult View Post
    Oh, ok. Thanks! God, this is even worse than I thought...
    A big lol at this point. The arena in Liberec looks a mio times better than most of the current KHL arenas and its a pretty new one.

But you are right. Tipsport Arena in Prague is not what you really want to play in if you instead could play in the amazing O2 Arena.

PS: So if the current management of the O2 Arena is the problem, isn't it better then if Lev Praha stays in the Tipsport Arena until things are solved?
    RIP Pavol Demitra, Karel Rachunek, Robert Dietrich and all the other Loko players and staff that died Sept. 7 2011 !

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
    A big lol at this point. The arena in Liberec looks a mio times better than most of the current KHL arenas and its a pretty new one.
    lol at you. No it's not. You think it's million times better than Minsk Arena, Arena Riga, Megasport, Arena 2000, Ufa Arena, Omsk arena, Ice Palace in St.Petersburg? Are you out of your mind? And I wasn't talking about it anyway. So screw you.

Banned
    A big lol at this point.
    lol at you.
    lol @ the loling

Is it just me or is HK Lev's website down? http://www.hclev.eu/ ?

Quote Originally Posted by woppa View Post
    lol @ the loling

Is it just me or is HK Lev's website down? http://www.hclev.eu/ ?
    yep, it does not work

lol at you. No it's not. You think it's million times better than Minsk Arena, Arena Riga, Megasport, Arena 2000, Ufa Arena, Omsk arena, Ice Palace in St.Petersburg? Are you out of your mind? And I wasn't talking about it anyway. So screw you.
    Oh yeah. You wrote that the Liberec arena is sh** so how is this not offending but then you are trolling because someone says its better than the arenas you got in Novosibirsk, Nizhni Novgorod or the arenas of CSKA and Spartak?
    RIP Pavol Demitra, Karel Rachunek, Robert Dietrich and all the other Loko players and staff that died Sept. 7 2011 !

Oh yeah. You wrote that the Liberec arena is sh** so how is this not offending but then you are trolling because someone says its better than the arenas you got in Novosibirsk, Nizhni Novgorod or the arenas of CSKA and Spartak?
    Point well taken.

IHF Member
    Where the hell did I wrote that? I said that arena in Liberec is worse than o2 arena, and arena in Prague is even worse. It is built in 1962. And this is sure as hell funny that you've mentioned those teams. CSKA will build a 20 000 seat arena, meanwhile they're moving to 14k Megasport, only yesterday Spartak mentioned that they have plans for new arena, even though they could move to 20k Galactica arena. Nizhni Novgorod have a project for 16000 seats made by SKANSKA. And maybe you are aware that other teams with bad infrastructure have plans for new arenas, like Novokuznetsk, Dynamo, Astana.

So how is this trolling, when while Russia is putting an enormous effort to upgrade its sports infrastructure (and building more arenas than any country in Europe), we're seeing new teams being accepted with 50 year old built arenas. I should be happy or what? Tipsport arena in Prague IS shit. So if anyone is trolling it's you and HC Lev.

Where the hell did I wrote that? I said that arena in Liberec is worse than o2 arena, and arena in Prague is even worse. It is built in 1962. And this is sure as hell funny that you've mentioned those teams. CSKA will build a 20 000 seat arena, meanwhile they're moving to 14k Megasport, only yesterday Spartak mentioned that they have plans for new arena, even though they could move to 20k Galactica arena. Nizhni Novgorod have a project for 16000 seats made by SKANSKA. And maybe you are aware that other teams with bad infrastructure have plans for new arenas, like Novokuznetsk, Dynamo, Astana.

So how is this trolling, when while Russia is putting an enormous effort to upgrade its sports infrastructure (and building more arenas than any country in Europe), we're seeing new teams being accepted with 50 year old built arenas. I should be happy or what? Tipsport arena in Prague IS shit. So if anyone is trolling it's you and HC Lev.
    I support all you wrote. Btw, is Barys building new arena or only rumours?? Do we have any pics? As I know KHL forces Barys to build new arena but nothing happens

IHF Member
    Well, it's not rumors, there are, in fact, a proposed project and location. But they still haven't started any preparations for construction, and as always the problem is money and political decision. First there was 2011 Asian Winter Games in Astana, now it's Almaty 2017 Winter Universiade that they're occupied with. So my guess is they're waiting for KHL to expel them just like Lada before starting to worry about building new arena. Heh.

So whats the problem? We are both happy that ice hockey in Russia is developing well (I think its great that there is one modern arena after the other) and we are both disappointed that HC Lev won't play in the O2 Arena (one of the greatest venues in Europe) in the very near future. I just defended the Liberec arena.

PS: Any news about the team Lokomotiv will have next season? What about their VHL/MHL projects?

Lokomotiv wants to save its VHL team. Lokomotiv MHL“s team will not play in Yaroslavl but in another city, as rumours say.

Quote Originally Posted by vorky View Post
    Lokomotiv wants to save its VHL team. Lokomotiv MHL“s team will not play in Yaroslavl but in another city, as rumours say.
    Yeah I think I heared something about that but will the MHL team still have a partnership with Lokomotiv and if yes will Lokomotiv be the owner?

Yeah I think I heared something about that but will the MHL team still have a partnership with Lokomotiv and if yes will Lokomotiv be the owner?
    I am sure that MHL team will belong to Lokomotiv. Nothing will change only arena where team will play. You know, Arena 2000 will host Lokomotiv (KHL) and Lokomotiv (VHL) - not room for next team.

But wouldn't they want to make money rather with the VHL team than with the MHL one? Then it would make sense to have the VHL team in another place so the people buy tickets?! Or how does this work with the ticket prices for VHL/MHL farmteams?

But wouldn't they want to make money rather with the VHL team than with the MHL one? Then it would make sense to have the VHL team in another place so the people buy tickets?! Or how does this work with the ticket prices for VHL/MHL farmteams?
    What the hell are you talking about!? :D:D:D
    Taro Tsujimoto, the greatest NHL player ever!

Quote Originally Posted by itry View Post
    What the hell are you talking about!? :D:D:D
    Ha! Latvian sense of humour is good!

Isn't most MHL teams games free entry? And I'd imagine the €1-2 it cost to see VHL hockey isn't going to pay many bills!
    Dinamo Riga | Manchester Phoenix | Boston Bruins | Lokomotiv 7th September 2011

Yeah you guys are right. I am still thinking to (Western) European where money still has to be earned by the clubs. :-)

In German tv they said next week HC Slovan Bratislava will be officially announced new KHL member. Is this right?

Well, it's not rumors, there are, in fact, a proposed project and location. But they still haven't started any preparations for construction, and as always the problem is money and political decision. First there was 2011 Asian Winter Games in Astana, now it's Almaty 2017 Winter Universiade that they're occupied with. So my guess is they're waiting for KHL to expel them just like Lada before starting to worry about building new arena. Heh.
    BTW a 15K arena is planned for universiade in Almaty. Other than that arena most sports facilities do exist now so no great deal of funding is likely to be diverted, that is if there are any allocated for Barys arena of which I am not certain.

In German tv they said next week HC Slovan Bratislava will be officially announced new KHL member. Is this right?
    likely

Banned
    BTW a 15K arena is planned for universiade in Almaty. Other than that arena most sports facilities do exist now so no great deal of funding is likely to be diverted, that is if there are any allocated for Barys arena of which I am not certain.
    I'd rather see kazakhstan's team in Almata/alma-ata. It's a bigger city, has a metro... :/
    How viable is Barys in Astana? Is their presence every in question?

2nd day since Slovan has sold season tickets. Fans are mostly interested in best seats (most expensive) - blue one

IHF Member
    So, is there any spark of interest for hockey in Bratislava after good wc performance or we could have expected arena to be sold out every game anyway? Will it be sold out?

I would say it wil be something like in Poprad (say about % not total numbers because Poprad had smaller arena). At the beggining should be "KHL boom" and performace of Slovan will show us if it will continue. Bratislava is better place for KHL due to location (near Brno - Slovan and Brno fans are friends, support each other AND Austria/Czech rep/Hungary) - most wealthy slovak people live in west part of country. Of course, they have not problem to travel to Poprad but Bratislava is closer (also better infrastructur than Poprad, I mean highway/railroad for example Trencin is hockey town, it takes hour to get to Bratislava by train but 3-4 hours to get to Poprad). People from west part of Slovakia (maybe east) will travel to watch KHL, not regularly of course. Majority of fans will be from Bratislava (+region).

IHF Member
    Sounds cool.

IHF Member
    What would be the difference between ticket prices for Extraliga compared with KHL?

Season tickets for this season was 110-219 € (not including immobile fans). Next season it is 139-299 €. I dont know how much money did one ticket cost this season, next one it will be 8-16 €, depends on seat. Holders of season tickets from this season have cheaper season tickets for next season. Fans expected higher prices. Note: season tickets are ONLY for regular season. To compare, HC Košice (2nd best arena in SVK) has season tickets for 88-133 € (not including immobile fans/kids), one ticket will cost 3-6 € (for kids 2€)

I guess a lot of Austrians will use the chance to see some KHL games. I mean Vienna is only about 65 km away by car and as the tickets do almost cost nothing it's cheaper to travel there than watching games in the EBEL.

I guess a lot of Austrians will use the chance to see some KHL games. I mean Vienna is only about 65 km away by car and as the tickets do almost cost nothing it's cheaper to travel there than watching games in the EBEL.
    Didn't know that gas is for free in Austria...

Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    15 euro for the car ride + 16 for a very good seat = 31 euro.

Normal EBEL game for a very good seat = 35 euro

If you think about it that KHL is quite a higher level I would say its a good alternative.

IHF Staff
    Die hard hockey fans from the Austrian east esp. Vienna will certainly use the opportunity to see KHL hockey in Bratislava, there's already some users in forums who are eagerly looking forward to it. And although the train connection between Vienna and Bratislava is not like it should be the option to get to the arena by train and tram together with the quite low ticket and catering prices makes up an attractive package. I for myself plan to go and see a game next season in any case. But overall I don't know how many it will be, probably a few dozens at the most attractive games.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    Wow 65 km! Do you need few month to collect enough money for 15 litres of gasoline?

In Russia 350 km between city is nothing))) Yes, we have another prices but also another earnings. And I'am sure that road from Vienna to Bratislava is much more interesting than Tyumen - Ekaterinburg (350 km of empty fields and forests).

Quote Originally Posted by protmn View Post
    Wow 65 km! Do you need few month to collect enough money for 15 litres of gasoline?

In Russia 350 km between city is nothing))) Yes, we have another prices but also another earnings. And I'am sure that road from Vienna to Bratislava is much more interesting than Tyumen - Ekaterinburg (350 km of empty fields and forests).
    Gasoline prices are extremly high in Croatia compared to our salaries :)

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread Information